How to move large heavy desktop computer up and down stairs?

bigpak

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015
Hello, I am having a problem on figuring out how I can move this behemoth of a computer around every month or so up and down stairs. It has a corsair obsidian 800D case, bulky, heavy, I'd say the entire PC weighs about 60-90 lbs. I have no way that I can think of moving it up and down stairs by myself, and that is all I have, myself. Any ideas? How large of a bump can a computer take? I'm mostly worried about the expensive components, such as graphics cards, ram and hard drive, CPU should be fine seated I'd assume. I just don't have the money to buy a smaller PC at this moment, which would be ideal.

So in conclusion, I need to move a 60-90 lb desktop computer, down and up stairs, by myself, without killing myself or damaging the computer.

My thoughts were to remove the graphics cards and hard drives, and transport those separately, then move the rest of it inside the case down the stairs.

yatys93

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2014
if taking it apart is an option then yes do that, this will reduce the weight, all be it slightly, remove the GPU, all the HHD's, maybe the PSU, but only because those things are heavy so will reduce the overall weight some more, depending on you're CPU cooler you might want to think about taking that off too if its a large air cooler like the 212 Evo just I'm not sure how sturdy the mounts are if you knock it in transit and I wouldn't want to risk damaging the mount or the board its self.