[SOLVED] How To Move Windows 10 From HDD to SSD?

ShwaBdudle

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
So, around a month ago I reinstalled windows 10. I didn't quite notice it but now after installing multiple games and multiple programs I noticed that my windows files and my game files are both installed in the HDD "FOLDER". I can't find the SSD "FOLDER". it only shows my 1TB HDD "FOLDER".

Solution
Can you list the storage you have on your platform? Speaking of platform, can you share the specs to said platform, if a desktop, like so:

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

Are you asking how to clone the OS onto an SSD or are you asking a folder from HDD's C drive(users folder) to your SSD? Ideally your SSD should be the one housing the OS, not the HDD.
I have managed to do it by reinstalling windows on my SSD instead of my HDD.

Lutfij

Titan
Can you list the storage you have on your platform? Speaking of platform, can you share the specs to said platform, if a desktop, like so:

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

Are you asking how to clone the OS onto an SSD or are you asking a folder from HDD's C drive(users folder) to your SSD? Ideally your SSD should be the one housing the OS, not the HDD.

ShwaBdudle

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

I have managed to do it by reinstalling windows on my SSD instead of my HDD.

Solution