Question How to move Windows 10 from hdd to ssd

atotalnoob2

Reputable
Dec 29, 2018
Hi everyone,
I have a 1tb hdd installed in my computer with the Windows 10 and all the files and I want to buy a SSD M.2, and install the OS in that drive, so I could boot the pc faster, and certain files which I want to boot faster, but also I want to keep the rest of my stuff that works fine in my hdd.
Can somebody explain me how to achieve this?
Thanks.

atotalnoob2

Reputable
Dec 29, 2018
What I wanted to say is I want to install a SSD and have there installed Windows 10 so by PC boots faster . And then to continue using both drives, the hdd (which has more memory) would contain old files, while inside the SSD I would have larger files that could benefit from the faster reading and writitng.

My HDD is 1tb, 483gb available.
I would buy a M2 SSD 500gb

USAFRet

Titan
What I wanted to say is I want to install a SSD and have there installed Windows 10 so by PC boots faster . And then to continue using both drives, the hdd (which has more memory) would contain old files, while inside the SSD I would have larger files that could benefit from the faster reading and writitng.

My HDD is 1tb, 483gb available.
I would buy a M2 SSD 500gb
If you can get the HDD down to under 400GB actual used space, then you migrate all of it to the 500GB SSD.
Then, you wipe all off the HDD.
Then, you can move some not necessary files OFF the SSD over tot he HDD.