How to multiply Bluetooth

ToxicThing

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2015
Hello,
so I want to buy two Xbox One S game pads without windows adapter (because it's ugly and big).
I read that only one game pad can be connected to one Bluetooth. I want to play games with my friends on two game pads. Is there any solution to this, like can I trick my PC that I have two Bluetooth dongles in my PC with some software? Can I buy one more Bluetooth dongle?
Thanks

Solution
Officially only one can be connected via Bluetooth.

In theory, a second Bluetooth adapter *could* work - but you may run into conflicts with drivers etc.

I think the only solution to use 2x XBoneS Gamepads is to buy the official adapter.

Alternatively, there are other controllers out there that can connect more than one via BT - although they do typically take some more work.
As an example, PS4 DS4 controllers can have two connected over BT, but you have potential key mapping issues and need to use hird-party software, so it's not a perfect solution either.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Officially only one can be connected via Bluetooth.

In theory, a second Bluetooth adapter *could* work - but you may run into conflicts with drivers etc.

I think the only solution to use 2x XBoneS Gamepads is to buy the official adapter.

Alternatively, there are other controllers out there that can connect more than one via BT - although they do typically take some more work.
As an example, PS4 DS4 controllers can have two connected over BT, but you have potential key mapping issues and need to use hird-party software, so it's not a perfect solution either.

Solution