[SOLVED] How to mute Mic for Specific Programs

Mashimaro7

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
I have a weird issue with my headset, it mutes all incoming audio while taking mic input. It's fine for the most part, but some games will take constant mic input even when VOIP is turned off, which results in the entire game being muted. Also, for some reason, when I go into my mic settings, it doesn't let me mute specific apps. They show up in the "allow desktop apps to access microphone" but I can't mute them individually, it only lets me mute ALL desktop apps or none, the programs above, in the windows store apps section, can be muted at will, but my games only show up in the aforementioned section.

Is there any other way to fix this? I have two games where no matter what I do, I can't hear anything. Other games it's just a minor nuisance, I don't really use my mic too much, but I can't disable all programs, I do use it in some programs.

Thanks in advance

Solution
Sounds like you have the headset wired wrong or there is an issue with the headset. Need more details, brand/model of the headset, how it's connected to the computer, has this always done this?

Mashimaro7

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
Oh, weird, I didn't get a notification for this. I swear I've used it for phone calls before, but not long after I bought it it started doing this. It's bluetooth, I've tested it with my phone and 2 computers with the same result. It's one of those headsets with a hole in the one side for mic input, I used to just think it was a pair of headphones until I recorded with it on Audacity haha. There's a lot of games that will take mic input no matter what...

Edit: Oh, it's an NC-25 by Srythm. I read online that this is a common issue.

Oh, weird, I didn't get a notification for this. I swear I've used it for phone calls before, but not long after I bought it it started doing this. It's bluetooth, I've tested it with my phone and 2 computers with the same result. It's one of those headsets with a hole in the one side for mic input, I used to just think it was a pair of headphones until I recorded with it on Audacity haha. There's a lot of games that will take mic input no matter what...

Edit: Oh, it's an NC-25 by Srythm. I read online that this is a common issue.

If it's an issue known to this model I'd return it and try another one. I used several bluetooth headsets and they were full duplex (meaning you can talk and listen at the same time).