Question How to obtain a decommissioned iOS App which still works ?

Dec 22, 2019
Hello Friends,

[ To begin with , I did not find a section for iOS / iPhone / iPad and hence posting under applications - please move to the correct forum if inaccurate ]

I am looking for a specific iOS app which has now been discontinued and is not available on the App Store.
( Even if I search under my purchases the old app does not show , so I assume it has been completely removed from the app store )
However , I have this app installed on my old iPad , and it works perfectly fine.
Is there a way I can get the installer file from the iPad , and then transfer it to my iPhone ? ( since I dont have a way to download that app again , but I know the old version works well )
Any help in this matter will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance.
DON

Dec 22, 2019
oops :(
Are there any methods then to get a decommissioned App ?
As I said , I can confirm the app works fine ( it was present on my old ipad installation and does the work well )

tingety

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
If you're asking how to find a decommissioned app within the App Store for download, I'm fairly sure that's a no-go.

If you're also wondering about how to get an app from outside the App Store and install it (IE: It's been removed from the App Store but you have a packaged file or direct from source.) you can install some apps without the App Store if you're familiar with how this works. If you're not, I'd suggest getting someone who is familiar to prevent doing any real damage.