[SOLVED] How to oc to 1333mhz on MSIG41M-P33Combo

Oct 23, 2019
I have recently bought 2 ram sticks of 4gb ddr3 1333mhz hp ram.
When I put it in the motherboart it beeps threetimes(not detecting memory), but the mobo supports the memory in oc. When i put in ddr2 ram it works. I dont know how to oc my mobo to make it work with 1333mhz ram.
Please help.

Solution
Ddr2 that was working Corsair cm2x1042-6400c4
Ma new memory(not working)
591750-071 hp
So i oc-ed my cpu to around 2.6ghz, raised the voltage to 1.8 V, set my ram fsb/dram ratio to 1:2.00 to set my ram speed to 1333 mhz (i did this with my ddr 2 sticks, saved the settings, shut down my pc plugged off wall, pressed start button to release all electrysity, put my ddr2 out, put my ddr3 1stick in, plugged it in the wall, and turn on it didnt detect it, so i turned off, plugged out of the wall, put out my ddr3, removed CMOS battery, waited a minute, puted cmos battery back in and ddr2 back in and started like normal. I dont know what to do.
If you set the CPU voltage to 1.8v, you are setting voltages too high. I don't think you...
Core 2 duo e6425
MSI G41M-P33COMBO
ati hd 3600

I wasnt using them at the same time, no i didnt remove it. Ill try.
I can't find anything on that CPU. Check your bios for the correct CPU model or run CPU-Z. If it's an E6420, it has a 266Mhz FSB and max memory speed of 1066Mhz. To run DDR3 1333 you need to overclock the FSB to 333Mhz, otherwise it will need to be set 1066Mhz or the system will crash when you set the ram to 1333Mhz. Increasing the FSB to 333Mhz is going to make the CPU run at 2.66Ghz, so it may require a small increase in voltage to run stable if it's not already at around 1.33v. I'd suggest looking at overclocking guides for more information.

Reactions: JanZobec
Oct 23, 2019
So my ram voltage is at auto at 1.9V
And i have overclocked my cpu at 2.4ghz anything higher doesent even boot (i guess voltage problem, beaucuse im new to
oc-ing)
I will look for the fsb option you told ne abaut when I come home.
Thanks

So my ram voltage is at auto at 1.9V
And i have overclocked my cpu at 2.4ghz anything higher doesent even boot (i guess voltage problem, beaucuse im new to
oc-ing)
I will look for the fsb option you told ne abaut when I come home.
Thanks
If you are running DDR3 ram, your voltage shouldn't be higher than 1.5v for DDR3 1333. 1.9v is a DDR2 voltage; Are you certain you are running DDR3 and not DDR2? If you had 1.9v on DDR3 you would destroy the ram.

For DDR2 1066Mhz to work you are going to have to set voltage to 2.0-2.1v. So since you are running the CPU at 2.4Ghz that means you have overclocked the FSB to 300Mhz so your ram would be 1200Mhz. 1200Mhz is going to need at least 2.1v.

You really need to find out what memory kit model you have before you do any more overclocking, because it looks to me like you are just messing around without understanding what you are doing. You need to read some guides on both CPU and memory overclocking if you haven't already. I would suggest leaving it at 800Mhz and 1.8v until you figure this all out.

Use CPU-Z to find your memory kit Brand and Part Number in the SPD tab. https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Reactions: JanZobec
Oct 23, 2019
591750-071 hp
So i oc-ed my cpu to around 2.6ghz, raised the voltage to 1.8 V, set my ram fsb/dram ratio to 1:2.00 to set my ram speed to 1333 mhz (i did this with my ddr 2 sticks, saved the settings, shut down my pc plugged off wall, pressed start button to release all electrysity, put my ddr2 out, put my ddr3 1stick in, plugged it in the wall, and turn on it didnt detect it, so i turned off, plugged out of the wall, put out my ddr3, removed CMOS battery, waited a minute, puted cmos battery back in and ddr2 back in and started like normal. I dont know what to do.

591750-071 hp
If you set the CPU voltage to 1.8v, you are setting voltages too high. I don't think you understood what I was saying in my previous post. You are temping fate by setting your voltages so high without understanding the limits. The default voltage for your CPU is around 1.3v and your CPU should not be higher than 1.37v to have stable 333Mhz FSB overclock. If you insist on overclocking the CPU, start with 1.33v on CPU Voltage and increase up to 1.36 if it's unstable.

The DDR3 module you are trying to use is ECC, which is not compatible with your motherboard. You need 2x4GB Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR3 low density ram for it to work in your motherboard. Remember, you do not need to increase voltage on DDR3 to run the maxmimum speed your CPU and motherboard can handle. The default 1.5v is all you should ever need for DDR3 1066 to 1333Mhz.

Lastly, don't overclock the ram until you have a DDR3 kit that can handle up to at least 1333Mhz. I still recommend reading guides before you do anymore overclocking. I've said this 3 times now and this is the last time I'm going to help you if you keep using the wrong voltages. I don't know how important that system is to you, but if you keep setting voltages too high, you will damage the hardware.

These two memory kits should work without issue in your motherboard, just copy the model number and search stores in your region to buy new or used.

Corsair CMV8GX3M2A1333C9
https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-CMV8GX3M2A1333C9-ValueSelect-DDR3-1333-PC3-10666/dp/B0055LGG3Y

G.Skill F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL

https://www.amazon.com/G-SKILL-Ripjaws-PC3-10666-240-Pin-F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL/dp/B004ISXB4C

Solution