How to open Inspiron 8200 to add memory?

I'm trying to add some memory to my Inspiron 8200 and I can't get the
door off to the memory area.

Have one screw out and the other one is loose against a spring of some
kind. I try to lift the door out but something is still holding it
down. I don't want to force it.

Thanks for any advice.

Bill

<billa43@aol.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to add some memory to my Inspiron 8200 and I can't get the
> door off to the memory area.
>
> Have one screw out and the other one is loose against a spring of some
> kind. I try to lift the door out but something is still holding it
> down. I don't want to force it.

Actually, there is only one screw holding that cover on and it is on the
tab at the end of the cover. The screw on the other end is for something
else. The one you need is marked K/M (at least it is on mine).

bill

Thanks for your response, Thomas. How much resistance do you feel when
you pull up on the tab, or does it pop right up? I'm feeling lots of
resistance like it is blocked or really stuck. I've even put a little
pressure by prying with a screwdriver. Seems to me it should come up
easier than that.

> Thanks for your response, Thomas. How much resistance do you feel when
> you pull up on the tab, or does it pop right up? I'm feeling lots of
> resistance like it is blocked or really stuck. I've even put a little
> pressure by prying with a screwdriver. Seems to me it should come up
> easier than that.

It takes more pressure than I felt comfortable applying the first couple
of times. I've had the I8000 and the I8200 and both were tight and I know
one required a good bit of effort with a screwdriver to pop it out. When
both of mine popped out, it felt as if something had broken which was even
more reassuring, but all was ok. I think there is some shielding that
catches as you pull it out. Then there is the struggle to get the chip to go
in the first couple of times you use the slot ...