sagar023

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
I am new to overclocking, can anyone help me overclock my Intel E2220 Chip @2.40, I've seen many get a speed of 3.40 GHZ with the same chipset though anything around 2.8 GHZ would do for me :D How do I start with the procedure ?

This should be your first stop.
Core2 Overclocking Guide (generic guide )
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/259899-11-core-overclocking-guide

Next, google "Asus g41 overclock". You might find some links to something useful.

The G41 boards have a reputation for being poor overclockers. The G31/G41 chipset is an economy, entry level chipset. Unless you get really lucky, you will not be able to push the FSB freq past about 360 MHz. However, they do work nicely with a CPU that has a 200 MHz FSB freq and a high internal multiplier. With a 200 MHz FSB, you should be able to reach CPU core speed limits before you reach motherboard limits. I have a G'byte G41 board. FSB freq of 352 MHz works. 353 MHz doesn't.

Go through the guides. I am unfamiliar with the Asus Core2 BIOS so I cannot help you here.

Then take your core voltage off Auto and set your memory voltage to factory recommended values. Change the System Memory Multiplier (or whatever your BIOS calls it) from AUTO to 2.00 if you can. The lowest memory multiplier on some G41 boards is 2.40. Then when you increase the FSB, the memory clock will rise in in proportion with it. At a stock FSB of 200 MHz, your memory clock should be at 400 MHz. With a 2.40 memory multiplier, your memory clock will be 480 MHz.

Don't try to OC the memory. What little performance gain that you might get will not be worth any loss of stability. We talk about that here:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/251715-29-ratio-myth

Your 1.168 volt core voltage suggests that you have a pretty good chip. If you can run your FSB freq up to 300 MHz, that would give you a 3.6 GHz core speed. A 50% overclock is not unusual for a first generation C2D.

Keep the core voltage under 1.50 volts and the load temps under 70 C.

sagar023

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011

I Downloaded SetFSB but my motherboard's model isn't listed, any other programs that could help ? Or is it listed and I doing something wrong ? Anyways thanks for the reply mate :D

TRENDING THREADS