Question How to overclock my CPU and drop voltage at idle ?

mcqc

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
I did a medium overclocking of my I5 750 from 2.6ghz to 3.7ghz. Now, my cpu is being fed 1.392V all the time. My clocks do reduce after enabling c1e, c3/c6 state support and eist, but the voltage remains at 1.392V at idle. I did some research, some people suggest to adjust cpu vcore and dynamic vcore. I set these two from auto to normal just to see what will happen but I got a blue screen at startup. I'm only browsing the internet 90% of the time so I don't want my cpu to get 1.4v all the time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

mcqc

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
If you can manually change voltages, then do so, and set them lower until you get stable results. Remember to run Prime95 for about an hour to make sure it is stable.
Thank you, I will keep the CPU Vcore voltage constant all the time but I will try to manually drop it a little bit to 1.35v-1.25v. Can I let all the other voltages to auto ? About the power saving feature, some people enable them, other people disable them. Everyone seems to have a different opinion about that, What is your opinion ?

mcqc

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
You should leave power saving enabled to start off with, as along with the undervolting it will make your CPU run much cooler.
I will let the Power saving features disable for now. If I want to turn them on later, Which one should I enable, disable or let to auto ? Right now I have Turbo boost disabled, c1e disabled, c3/c6 state support auto and EIST disabled. The same as linus tutorial.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Llqhe3N1cJA&list=WL&index=35

I will only need to enable EIST ? or all of them ?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS