Question How to overclock without BIOS

Oct 7, 2019
I have an ASUS motherboard and on the main screen I can't enable D.O.C.P. ,so I can't overclock my CPU in BIOS, and AMD Overdrive doesn't save the settings. CPU Athlon X4 870k, mo-bo ASUS A68-HM-Plus.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Most of the A68 boards have weak VRMs, and limited any "overclocking" (which was pretty much bump the multiplier, nothing particularly granular) to 60W TDP CPUs. The 870K is a 95W chip out of the box - even if you could overclock, it's not going to be a great experience.

Oct 7, 2019
Most of the A68 boards have weak VRMs, and limited any "overclocking" (which was pretty much bump the multiplier, nothing particularly granular) to 60W TDP CPUs. The 870K is a 95W chip out of the box - even if you could overclock, it's not going to be a great experience.
Thank you for answer. Well than, I'll have to wait for grand comp upgrade.

I have an ASUS motherboard and on the main screen I can't enable D.O.C.P. ,so I can't overclock my CPU in BIOS, and AMD Overdrive doesn't save the settings. CPU Athlon X4 870k, mo-bo ASUS A68-HM-Plus.

I don't if it is possible, and don't mean to suggest it is, but if it is you might find a utility called AMD Overdrive on the AMD website (downloads) would be the way to do it.

Last edited: