How to overclock?

G

<font color=red> I'm having problems overclocking my ti-86. I am unable to find out where to change the clock mulitplier, or the bus. As a matter of fact, I am uncertain as to what the stock speeds are. How high to you think I'll be able to go? Will electron migration be a problem? I'm worried that several hamsters might be needed in addition to by 300w peltier for cooling. Perhaps even one or two hedgehogs. What do you think? </font color=red> :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Magus

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Don't even joke about that stuff guy, you're going to need at least watercooling to keep that thing stable.
Didn't you know Cyrix makes the TI-86 processor? :)

G

You think so? What do you think i should use for the liquid, pump, basin, etc? I think if I run it open case a single hedgehog might be enough to remove the heat from the peltier.

machow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have a proposal for all oc'ers: if you like peltiers and water cooling so much, why don't you use peltiers to (almost) <i>freeze</i> the water and then transfer to the HOT components so that you could avoid chaning the tank of hot water everytime? I like to do that my own but unfortuntely I live in a land of people who doesn't speak my language nor want to speak to me in English.

Morgan 1.6Ghz + 256DDR = Dream on
However dreams are approacable :wink:

G

Hey,

Well actually I've found nitrogen cooling to be the key for overclocking my TI-86. From the day I got mine I needed more power. I decided to add in an AMD Duron processor oc'ed to 1000mhz. AFter cutting the case and fixing everything into place, I have the fastes calculator around. Even puzzle pack blazes. No more slow downs for me.

Timothy Stankus
One of the First AMD Athlon Users =)

jollygrinch

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i've heard that adding a peltier system to your watch can improve timekeeping. i'm not satisfied with my watch keeping time accurate to the microseccond, i want picoseconds. i want that baby to be accurate to the minute long after i'm dead.

G

Oh piss on the peltiers and hedgehogs and all that nonsense, just plug it into the nearest 240V recepticle. That will get you what your looking for...:)

Thermal Acceleration means 'Overclocking'

conquistadorst

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You guys got it all wrong! What you guys gotta do is hook up a lithium-ion dive to your embedded calc. processor. this way ur calulator will give you real-time results cause its just engulfed in juice. Or you may also hook up a photon gun that uses all 32 different states of the electron rather than just the normal two (0 & 1) this way ur calculator will be able to complete its calculations and preform more complicated calculations rather than just simple algorithms. Got it?

But then again using these methods requires a slightly larger than average cooling device, you could possibly use a carbon-based titanium cooler thats powered by antimatter. I think this should be quite sufficient, but anti-matter is rather expensive these days, so it may be costing u a fortune.