How to partition a second HD for WinXP Page file?

Should I make the first partition on my second HD primary or make an
extended partition and turn it into one or several logical volumes? Would
windows be able to put the paging file on a primary partition on the second
HD and work with it, and if so is there any advantage of primary part. over
a logical volume in regard to using it for the WinXP paging?
Thanks a lot for any answers or links to answers you could give me.