[SOLVED] How to permanently disable CSM support for mobo Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H

Oct 30, 2020
I recently got an nvidia GTX 1650 super to pair it with my amd Ryzen 5 2400g which I was having a hard time using it as my monitor received no signal from the nvidia GPU. My monitor does not have an HDMI port so I use a HDMI-VGA connector. I was assisted by one of the member here and somehow fixed the 'No signal' issue by turning off CSM support in the BIOS.
Now another issue has come up, the CSM support automatically gets enabled and thus the monitor stops working again and to use my PC I have to constantly switch the cable form GPU to Mobo and disable the CSM and then reconnect the monitor cord to GPU just to use it. This is not really pleasant thing to do everytime I have to use my PC .
So can anyone please suggest a permanent fix to it? Thank you.

Solution
I just had to disable the Vega 11 from device manager after which the old monitor works fine but for some reason the texts and icons are bit fuzzy and no matter what I do it remains that way. So I just got a new 24 inch monitor and all is fine.

The image looks a bit fuzzy because VGA is analog, while HDMI, DP, DVI are digital and will look much crisper.

I've used VGA on a 1080p monitor as a temporary solution and difference is night and day compared to digital... the fuzziness is obvious on text with VGA.
Oct 30, 2020
No, I do not have a multimeter. I had reset the CMOS the other day as I was unable to access the BIOS due to some changes I made. It boots up fine everytime when plugged into the Mobo. The issue is only when using the nvidia GPU.:(

Oct 30, 2020
:rolleyes: first I used a screw driver to short the the clr_cmos but it didn't work so I removed the battery for a minute and put it back after which I was able to access the BIOS again.

Oct 30, 2020
I just plugged the monitor back to the mobo and tested if the games run on the nvidia GPU. Found out the games are indeed running at 70-80 fps which is not possible with my integrated vega 11 graphics.
So what is happening here. Is this OK or is it mandatory for the monitor to be plugged to the GPU?
This is not my area of expertise so I have no idea what is going on. Any ideas?

I just plugged the monitor back to the mobo and tested if the games run on the nvidia GPU. Found out the games are indeed running at 70-80 fps which is not possible with my integrated vega 11 graphics.
So what is happening here. Is this OK or is it mandatory for the monitor to be plugged to the GPU?
This is not my area of expertise so I have no idea what is going on. Any ideas?
If the monitor is plugged into the motherboard you're running off the iGPU, not the GTX 1650.

Oct 30, 2020
If the monitor is plugged into the motherboard you're running off the iGPU, not the GTX 1650.
That is what is confusing me. Currently I am getting very good frame rates at high setting which was not at all possible when I was using the vega 11 gpu that came integrated with Ryzen 5 2400g. So If my system is using the igpu then how is am I getting 70+ fps.
But what you said is true and everyone else also told me to connect the monitor to the GPU, but this increase in performance when plugged in to the mobo is confusing me a lot.

No, I do not have a multimeter. I had reset the CMOS the other day as I was unable to access the BIOS due to some changes I made. It boots up fine everytime when plugged into the Mobo. The issue is only when using the nvidia GPU.:(

When you reset the BIOS you also reset that CMS setting so yes you had to set it again. Not sure why you even need to do that to use the video card in your system.

You have a newer video card and a newer CPU, it's time to get rid of the old monitor that only has VGA and just use a direct connection without adapters.

Oct 30, 2020
When you reset the BIOS you also reset that CMS setting so yes you had to set it again. Not sure why you even need to do that to use the video card in your system.

You have a newer video card and a newer CPU, it's time to get rid of the old monitor that only has VGA and just use a direct connection without adapters.
I just had to disable the Vega 11 from device manager after which the old monitor works fine but for some reason the texts and icons are bit fuzzy and no matter what I do it remains that way. So I just got a new 24 inch monitor and all is fine.

The image looks a bit fuzzy because VGA is analog, while HDMI, DP, DVI are digital and will look much crisper.

I've used VGA on a 1080p monitor as a temporary solution and difference is night and day compared to digital... the fuzziness is obvious on text with VGA.

Reactions: akgaming
Solution