How to permanently set CPU affinity on Windows 10?

Ritchie1988

Commendable
Jun 16, 2016
Hi all :) Hope this is the right section as it kinda overlaps into many possible categories! >_<

Anyway, so, Halloween is almost here, and I thought why not play some classic horror games. Hey, why not Silent Hill 2 on my PC? However, with the game being so old now it doesn't like having more than one CPU core running (makes it bug out, freeze etc) so I'm having to set the CPU affinity to "1" in Task Manager every time I run the game. Which is a tad annoying.

So my question is, is there any app I can use to automatically set this value without me doing it manually every time? I have googled a lot of stuff but it's all mostly old threads with broken links and/or for non windows 10 systems.

I have tried a program called "Prio" as that was the only one I could find to download without any issues, but it fails to save anything in the CPU affinity settings like it says it should do. But again, I'm assuming that's due to me running Windows 10 on my system, and the app peaking at windows 7/8? >.<

If anyone has any suggestions on whether this is possible or not that would be great! :) Thanks in advance!

Ritchie1988

Commendable
Jun 16, 2016
Thank you both for the quick replies! :)

@TehAqua, Project Lasso looks great, thank you so much! Will be setting all my old games up with that now! :D

@ Kurz I had tried that but unfortunately it crashed the game when compatibility settings were used with a higher resolution modded exe for the game! In fact, there was also a line for auto setting the cpu affinity in the mod exe itself, but even that didn't work. Which was a shame as that was exactly what I needed haha >.<