How to pick a Motherboard

Candis123

Reputable
Oct 15, 2014
Can somebody please explain to me the difference between motherboards.I mean apart from the ports of course, why is a 50$ motherboard so much worse than a 200$+ motherboard.Is there any performance difference?Better heat management when overclocking?Or maybe some magic trick those expensive ones can perform to make your pc 10x better...I just dont get it.

Also i would appreciate if you told me what to look for when buying a mobo depending on use.

Oh and btw is there any substancial difference(aside from ports again) on similary priced mobos of the same chipset.
For example theres about 100 h81 mobos at 60$.

Thanks in advance.

steve1985

Reputable
Dec 27, 2015
pick a mobo depending on YOUR applications and uses. thats it.
or eeny meeny miney moe!.

some bards are just meant for typical uses. have lower wattage acceptance, diff sockets applications. single or dual bios options. processing speeds. etc the list can do on.

first get your budget ( if your thinking about building) and then go factor in your needs or wants frm hardware. amd mobos only use amd porcessors. vise verso to intel. also micro atx boards will limit your options on future upgrades . aside fomr picking a board youll want to pick a case that will adequately dispose the heat. sme boards cant be oc without much of a difference. others can be overclocked by a lot. lus you get what you pay for specially these days