How to Play Assassin's Creed Odyssey with Low-End Hardware

parkerygc8

Prominent
Sep 22, 2017
^lol^

Yeah i can understand pirating a game that looks like that. It's amazing how planned obsolescence can work.

epobirs

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
Another one for the 'games I'll get around to in about ten years when the hardware requirements are trivial' list. Or sooner if it becomes a subscription freebie on console.

KD_Gaming

Commendable
Nov 7, 2016
Or rather than doing all this just go apply for Google stream and get to play the game for free on basically any crappy system and at decent settings.

Making the game run to look like half-life 1 graphics on 2010ish hardware.

Although calling the following image half-life one graphics
https://img.purch.com/20-png/o/aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9FL0ovODA0MDQzL29yaWdpbmFsLzIwLnBuZw==

Would probably offend half-life 1.

Olle P

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
Given the CPU-heavy requirements for this game, it would be nice to see a follow-up where a slightly better GPU is used and different less potent CPU options are tried to investigate the effect.
Could be done using a single unlocked CPU where clock speeds, number of enabled cores and HT is altered.

vilor

Honorable
Jun 23, 2015
i dont see how "the i5-8250U is much newer i5 that should provide much better performance than the Desktop's 2500K" especially the "much better"!
maybe in AC the 8 threads help but only if no throttle at all (and if AC hits 100% at cpu while using gpu same time i doubt any laptop in not throttling)
if i start thinking a very slight oc of 2500k then everything turns around.

levijonesm

Reputable
Jun 10, 2018
Hey LowSpecGamer! Nice to see you contributing at Tomshardware :) I read through the article before reading any of the comments and as I thought, the enthusiast crowd that reads Toms does not appreciate the idea of playing a AAA title using below-minimum PC specs.

But extracting every last ounce of juice from a low-spec PC using optimal settings and tweaks (in game and OS) is actually quite interesting. It's a technical feat in itself.

Perhaps, as one commenter suggested, it would be more useful to Toms readers if you apply the same analysis to a more capable PC - one with the minimum required specs (this would still qualify as "low spec", but not so hopelessly low as to be unretable to enthusiasts, who are the target readers of this website). All the best.

Nov 6, 2018
you may want to look at this game https://games.lol/sniper-3d-gun-shooter/. It is also about action game and it is interesting.