How to play nfs most wanted in 16 mb 3d card

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the minimum system specs for NFS Most Wanted, you need at least a 32MB video card. A 16MB just wont cut it...sounds like time for an upgrade

NFS Most Wanted - Minimum System Requirements:

CPU: 1.4 GHz or faster
RAM: 256 MB or more
Disc Drive: 8x or faster CD/DVD drive
Hard Drive: 3 GB or more free space
Video: DirectX 9.0c compatible (see right)
Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible
Input: Keyboard, mouse, or USB Steering Wheel/Gamepad
Video card with 32 MB or more memory and one of these chipsets is required: ATI Radeon 7500 or greater; ATI Radeon Xpress 200; NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/GTS or greater; Intel 950/i915g; S3 GammaChrome S18 Pro
Multiplayer requires 1 set of discs per PC and a broadband (Cable, DSL, or faster) connection.
Internet or LAN (2-4 players)

System Requirements for full detail level on 1280x1024 (Thanks to Nico)
Note: You might be able to play on full detail level and 1280x1024 with slightly lower requirements.

NFS Most Wanted - Optimal System Requirements:

CPU: 3 Ghz or faster
RAM: Atleast 1 GB
Disc Drive: DVD reader
Hard Drive: 3 GB or more free space
Video: DirectX 9.0c compatible
Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible
Input: Keyboard, Mouse or Steering Wheel/Gamepad
Video Card: Atleast an NVidia 5900 or ATi 9800 with 256mb of video memory
Multiplayer requires 1 set of discs per PC and a broadband (Cable, DSL or faster) connection.
Internet or LAN (2-4 players)

sayantan

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
where the hell on earth do you find such a card ???Even integrated solutions are much better.
The game will suck even on 64MB vidio card.Atleast a geforce5200 level card is required to play that game.

All NFS PC games are poorly coded just like GTA. You will need a decent card to run that game.

I tried playing with a GTS 250 and a GTX 260 and even at medium settings I got massive lag. The only racing game that will run fine with a mediocre GPU is Dirt2.

blockedhead

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010
I totally disagree : my 16MB ATI Radeon Mobility 7500 plays many games at 1024x768 fine. List few for example
Age of Empires III
Mount and Blade War Band
Unreal tournament 2004
Morrowind
Guild Wars

More game programmers should make things backwards compatible. Cheers to the Mount and Blade team. The game works great on a 8 year old laptop!!!!

loneninja

Distinguished

Most of those are 5+ years old, no wonder they work.

of course it will, you are playing @ 1024x768 which basically means your CPU is doing 75% of the work :D

and the fact that those games you listed above will run on virtually any video card ;)

IROC_69

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010

nfs is backward compatible although u have to change some settings in order to run NFS MW on vista or 7

blockedhead

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010

Mount and Blade Warband is 2010. Good programming, super engaging game. Its requirements are 128MB VRAM.
It was the same for the Machinarium demo(flash) 128MB VRAM, but it was smooth...

As for the comment that the CPU is taking 75% of the load, that would be in 2D software rendering, which is only available, from what I remember in UT2004 - ugly as hell.

Fallout or Crysis will not work in DOS 6.11 :kaola:

Status
Not open for further replies.