How to post an answer

Bryant White

Reputable
Jun 4, 2014
I just started doing this and don't know a lot about it. When I ask a question and someone answers and then when I answer it randomly quotes them. I click the answer question when I type. Someone told me to click the reply button but i can't find it.

Solution
He's on a smartphone. Usually you can't shrink windows.

Normally (on a desktop), full screen means hiding the taskbar and top bar. You're probably looking for the word 'maximised'.

Bryant White

Reputable
Jun 4, 2014

OK, see the row of square buttons at the bottom right of every post? Should have things like a 'BB' button, a set of quote marks with a plus beside it, and a triangle with an exclamation mark in it (that's the report abuse button, which is sometimes called alerts, because that's what it's called on the Mod end of the system). To the left of that is a bit of text that says "Reply to <username>".

Click the blue link, then type your text below the block of stuff in the box already. Then hit Answer.

Bryant White

Reputable
Jun 4, 2014

Are you viewing "Windowed" or "Full Screen"?

I was having problems viewing all of the links and I discovered that some magically appeared when I switched to Full Screen, because when I am Windowed, I have enlarged the text so much (CTL &+) that some of the links are removed from the page.

Yogi

Yes, I believe that you are right. Thanks for the clarification.

Yogi

Bryant White

Reputable
Jun 4, 2014