Question How to prepare used hard drive for motherboard replacement? (AMD to Intel)

Dec 28, 2019
How do I prepare a used hard drive for a pc upgrade, B350m Bazooka to Asus Rog Strix z390-f. I am using the same hard drive as i was before and am wondering how I would prepare it to re install windows.

just games and stuff. anything in there isnt valuable to me.
Then wipe the drive/partition clean when reinstalling windows. Select Custom Install Windows Only : Advanced and format the partition on which windows is.

One thing you can try is that before switching remove all amd drivers adn usb drivers with DDU and then install the intel parts and reinstall intel drivers, you might just save the hassle of reinstalling windows. Mine worked when switching from amd fx to ryzen. Yours may work too.

Dec 28, 2019
Then wipe the drive/partition clean when reinstalling windows. Select Custom Install Windows Only : Advanced and format the partition on which windows is.

One thing you can try is that before switching remove all amd drivers adn usb drivers with DDU and then install the intel parts and reinstall intel drivers, you might just save the hassle of reinstalling windows. Mine worked when switching from amd fx to ryzen. Yours may work too.
so at what point during the windows reinstall would I replace the pc parts?

May I add one thing. When you do the Windows installation, only connect the drive (e.g. SSD) which you plan to install Windows on. All the other drives should be disconnected. After the installation is complete, you can then reconnect the other drives and set them up accordingly.