How to preserve unused pc components?

kapalik

Honorable
Apr 21, 2014
Processor: Intel Core i3-4130 CPU @ 3.40 GHz
Motherboard: Asus H81M-E
Memory: Transcend 2GB DIMM DDR3 1333 MHz (Channel B)
Undefined 2GB DIMM DDR3 1600 MHz (Channel A)

Dear friends,

I am planning to buy a new desktop pc in couple of months with the latest generation of processor, motherboard, ram and new hard disk available in the market. I want to preserve my present pc components (processor, motherboard, hard disk and ram) for future use since they are working without any hassle. Will my present pc components function properly and last longer if not used for a long time? Should I use the unused motherboard, processor, ram and hard disk once in couple of months just to check and make sure they are in proper working condition? How effectively can I preserve the current pc components for future use if needed?

Thanks in advance.

Solution

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

put them back into the boxes they came in

if you dont have them

you want to buy anti static bags and put them inside and then store them in a air tight container

Solution

kapalik

Honorable
Apr 21, 2014
When I bought the current pc components, each of those came in with plastic bags with ziploc except the hard disk and motherboard. Will it be alright to put the pc components inside those ziploc plastic bags for preservation? I initially planned to wrap the pc components with newspaper, put inside ordinary plastic bags or cardboard boxes and store somewhere in cool and dry place. Let me know where I am wrong here. Thanks.