Question How to prevent BSOD after power outage?

Michal1012

Honorable
Mar 11, 2015
So a couple of minutes ago, there was a power outage at my house after my father tried to connect some electrical tool in the hal beside my room where my PC is. That resultated in a power outage and my PC was on at that time while I was in the toilet. After I turned it on, I recieved a couple of BSOD which I expected. I unplugged the PC for a couple of minutes and now it works perfectly fine.
Still, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to recieve BSOD from now regulary, so I just want to prepare myself as I'm in my last weeks of high school now and have a lot of important assignments that I write on this PC.

Is there anything I should do after the power outage to ensure that I won't recieve any BSOD?

Here are my specs incase anyone is wondering:

MOBO: ASUS ROG Strix B360-F Gaming, S-1151
CPU: Intel Core i5-9600K
GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX 2060 DUAL EVO
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400MHz 2x8GB
SSD: Kingston A1000 480GB M.2 SSD
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" HDD
PSU: Corsair Vengeance 750M, 750W PSU

May 5, 2020
Get a surge protector. It's a capacitor that stores a small amount of energy in the case of a power flash to give you time to turn off your PC so none of your components get damaged and to not get a BSOD. This gives the PC around 10 seconds of power, and in the case of an electric flash (a quick power blip) you won't have to, but a power outage you would have to.

Michal1012

Honorable
Mar 11, 2015
Get a surge protector. It's a capacitor that stores a small amount of energy in the case of a power flash to give you time to turn off your PC so none of your components get damaged and to not get a BSOD. This gives the PC around 10 seconds of power, and in the case of an electric flash (a quick power blip) you won't have to, but a power outage you would have to.

I have a power strip that is supposed to have a build in surge protector, but I don't think that helped much...