Question How to prevent Chrome's webpages from restarting after some time of inactivity?

TheFlash1300

Prominent
Mar 15, 2022
Hello. I use Google Chrome for browsing. When I open 3 tabs, for example, and I work only with the 3rd tab, while the other 2 tabs are kept inactive, once I stop working on the 3rd tab, and click on tab 1 and tab 2, they will restart themselves, the webpages will be restarted, and I will lose the information I typed (e.g. text).

How do I fix this problem? I want to make the webpages and the tabs to not restart themselves, regardless of how long they were kept inactive.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I would get more ram, it will give windows room to move in and let you keep more tabs open.

Some of the steps in that link might help reduce usage. But at 4gb you only get so much back.

Hello. I use Google Chrome for browsing. When I open 3 tabs, for example, and I work only with the 3rd tab, while the other 2 tabs are kept inactive, once I stop working on the 3rd tab, and click on tab 1 and tab 2, they will restart themselves, the webpages will be restarted, and I will lose the information I typed (e.g. text).

How do I fix this problem? I want to make the webpages and the tabs to not restart themselves, regardless of how long they were kept inactive.

It may be a function of the web page as well. Many reset the data typed for security reasons, say if you were putting in your account or bank info then for some reason walked away. They time out and make you re-do the info after a specific time in the programming of the site.