[SOLVED] How to prevent GPU Fans from ramping up and down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2021
Hello guys I have a problem with my Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC which is fans keep pulsing/ramping up and down
Here's my setup:
  • AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3,8GHz Socket AM4 Box
  • Hyper 212 LED Turbo White Edition
  • Asus TUF X470-Plus Gaming
  • Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Vision OC 2xHDMI 2xDP 8 GB
  • Cooler Master MasterBox TD500 Mesh with Controller (White/Transparent)
  • Corsair RM650i 650W
I am really sensitive to fan noises, in a way when building this rig I was really picky about the parts, so the PC makes the least noises possible when idle.
I chose that specific graphics card because of the semi-passive feature that Gigabyte was promoting (and because it looks cool)

141692444_249452386548535_457423683010641251_n.png

As you can see in the image attached the fans keep ramping up and down each 30 seconds or so (even when idle) and the noise it makes when it ramps up is soooo annoying (it's so rough, I think if they managed to make the ramp up smoother it wouldn't be as annoying)
I tried undervolting, but I am not sure whether I did it right or not since I saw no difference in temps. Fans curve did no good as well, since temps keep going up till they reach 75 or even 80C then the same ramping up issue happens.
Also, I made sure nothing is utilizing the GPU in the background (Like ShadowPlay, Background DVR, Nvidia Broadcast...)
I don't care about performance for now since I can make different profiles.

Can someone tell me how to keep temps as down as possible when idle? Easy-ish undervolting technique, underclocking, anything basically that might help me with this annoyance.
PS: The screenshot was captured while writing this post, so the PC is pretty much idle.
Thank you in advance

Solution
Download MSI afterburner,and then experiment with the fan curve and find ytour perfect balance between noise and cooling,thats how i solved a similar issue to yours,i set it to 50% and its cool and its silent.
Status
Not open for further replies.