[SOLVED] How to prevent startup/boot based errors ??

Luigip2

Prominent
Oct 7, 2019
I can't even boot properly , every time I have to press the reboot or the force shutdown button on cabinet .... sometimes everything freezes after 5-10 mins of booting. Even the Technicians are confused.
I'm suspecting HDMI to VGA convertor is the culprit but on seeing these errors idk what's going on. Mostly it's Kernel-power error , VirtualBox (this went off after Vbox update) or DistributedCOM errors.
Tried CLEAN installing Windows but reappears after a week or month.

Temps are fine too :-
(In degree Celsius)
CPU - 40-50
GPU :- 35-45
HDD;- 35 or +

Specs:-
Pentium G2020
GT1030 (Display)
H61M-S1 motherboard
6GB RAM (DDR3)
Intex 450 20+4pin PSU
WD 1TB HDD

f4uVnOD.png

Solution
try turning this off, it might not help but if the problem appears again at start-up, it might - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html

PC shouldn't forget its settings on a restart. If screen works one day, it should the next

Could it be the CMOS needs replacing? I know it tracks BIOS settings so maybe which display to use is part of it?

That VGA converter seems to be part of it only as screen freezes less often without it.

Should think about getting a newer monitor at some stage, they don't last forever.

Ralston18

Titan
This:

Intex 450 20+4pin PSU

How old is that PSU? Heavy use for gaming, video editing - maybe even bit-mining?

Also take a look in Reliability History. Much more user friendly and the timeline format may help identify more about both the problem(s), the timeframes, and perhaps show some patterns.

Colif

Win 11 Master
event 41 is a reaction to the PC restarting unexpectedly, its not a cause
Dcom - almost everyone on earth has dcom errors.

whats this about a hdmi to vga convertor? i assume monitor is vga part.
can't technicians attach it to another screen without converter to see if it still does it?

Luigip2

Prominent
Oct 7, 2019
event 41 is a reaction to the PC restarting unexpectedly, its not a cause
Dcom - almost everyone on earth has dcom errors.

whats this about a hdmi to vga convertor? i assume monitor is vga part.
can't technicians attach it to another screen without converter to see if it still does it?
Yeah...just read about those errors :(
But.....
The thing is I've given display via GPU using HDMI male to VGA female convertor and the screen freezes after sometime (after 5-10mins) so I have to press the reboot button on the cabinet but after rebooting the freezing issue pops again. (There was no issue since and now all of sudden there's all these freezing and no display issue )

If I try giving display via motherboard i.e through the VGA cable itself , it runs fine no freezes nothing but if I try to boot my PC the other day there's no display!
Back to square one

Luigip2

Prominent
Oct 7, 2019
This:

Intex 450 20+4pin PSU

How old is that PSU? Heavy use for gaming, video editing - maybe even bit-mining?

Also take a look in Reliability History. Much more user friendly and the timeline format may help identify more about both the problem(s), the timeframes, and perhaps show some patterns.
PSU is old but I can't relate freezes and display problems with this.
I've tried replacing my PSU to a newer one(same Intex PSU) but no luck

Ralston18

Titan
"If I try giving display via motherboard i.e through the VGA cable itself , it runs fine no freezes nothing but if I try to boot my PC the other day there's no display!"

Typo: did you mean "way" and not "day"?

Are you able to try/test the adapter on another known working system where you can set up HDMI male ---- VGA female connectivity?

Key is to methodically test all components changing only one thing a time.

Per @Colif "can't technicians attach it to another screen without converter to see if it still does it?"

Narrow down the problem either directly or by elimination.

Luigip2

Prominent
Oct 7, 2019
"If I try giving display via motherboard i.e through the VGA cable itself , it runs fine no freezes nothing but if I try to boot my PC the other day there's no display!"

Typo: did you mean "way" and not "day"?

Are you able to try/test the adapter on another known working system where you can set up HDMI male ---- VGA female connectivity?

Key is to methodically test all components changing only one thing a time.

Per @Colif "can't technicians attach it to another screen without converter to see if it still does it?"

Narrow down the problem either directly or by elimination.
It's "DAY". I was saying if I connect my monitor to motherboard for display i.e VGA cable directly it works fine , no freezes nothing then after shutting down and booting again the same day or other day there's no display. Even if I replug it - no display.
The cycle goes like Display through GPU via convertor ---> freeze---> plug the monitor VGA cable to motherboard----> working fine , no issues---> work done? Shutdown---> next / same day boot again ---->no display ----> again connect the VGA cable to convertor for GPU display---> freeze.....
And the cycle continues.

As for testing the convertor on another system well....tried that too but the freeze was like 1 out of 4 times. Nearby tech shop doesn't have a system with GPU to test the adapter.

Sorry for lame english, I had to use dumb words....people dont get what I'm trying to say and I'm not able to write it clearly :(

Colif

Win 11 Master
try turning this off, it might not help but if the problem appears again at start-up, it might - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html

PC shouldn't forget its settings on a restart. If screen works one day, it should the next

Could it be the CMOS needs replacing? I know it tracks BIOS settings so maybe which display to use is part of it?

That VGA converter seems to be part of it only as screen freezes less often without it.

Should think about getting a newer monitor at some stage, they don't last forever.

Solution