How To Preventing HDD Health From Decreasing

Bima__

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017
Hello, now Im using WD20EZRZ 2TB. Recently my PC got a random bluescreen and not responding on certain apps, I checked the task manager and I found out that my disk usage is 99%, though the highest app that use disk just 0.2MBps. I downloaded the HDD Sentinel, it got 50% on health (1 week ago), now day by day my disk health is decreasing. Is there any way to repair this HDD? Or I must buy a new one?
pnEqJi8Op

poAO4AYTp

pmysJn52p

Thx ^^

Solution

Your drive is dying and this cannot be fixed. Get a new one now and back-up your data as fast as possible if you have important stuff on there since this hdd can fail at any moment now.
The drive is deteriorating.
It has 37 (hex 25) relocated sectors and 93 (hex 5d) pending sectors.

Pending sectors can be relocated (by using MHDD for example).
BTW - formatting can't fix any of that.

You have to monitor closely, if those SMART parameters increase.
If they do, then you have to get a new drive, because your data is at risk.

Consider buying an SSD as a replacement - - they are solid-state so they have no moving parts to wear out, nor are they as delicate as a conventional HDD mechanism.

If you use it as the boot drive you'll immediately notice how much faster it is through the boot process and when starting applications.

Your drive is dying and this cannot be fixed. Get a new one now and back-up your data as fast as possible if you have important stuff on there since this hdd can fail at any moment now.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS