[SOLVED] How To Properly Move Music Files to my iTunes Library (All At Once)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastermmm

Reputable
Oct 12, 2014
I am in the process of attempting to move a rather large sum of songs to my current iTunes Library. Now, I know I can simply open the files to play via right-clicking, but I would like to move all of the files at once to the Music Folder located in '/Users/User1/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media'. I have tried simply dragging and dropping from my external hard drive where the music files currently reside, but when I go into iTunes to play the files, they don't show up. For example, I moved a folder entitled '10 Years' to the Music Folder located in the iTunes Media Folder Location, but the songs don't show up in iTunes when I search for them.

There has to be a more efficient way of moving all files to iTunes at once, right? Any advice would be appreciated.

Mastermmm

Reputable
Oct 12, 2014

Welp, why didn't I think of that haha. Works perfectly. I still don't understand why dragging and dropping the file(s) into the iTunes Media Folder wouldn't do the job, though. So for the files I have already added directly to the iTunes Media Folder via drag and drop, do you know what happens to those? Just wasted space I suppose?

Mastermmm

Reputable
Oct 12, 2014

Awesome, i'll keep that in mind, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.