How to properly remove Ubuntu partition from ssd?

shadybk

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2015
I have an nvme ssd and I have windows 10 and ubuntu on it with two separate partitions. I want to remove ubuntu because I don't need it anymore, do I just delete the partition where ubuntu is saved and then expand the partition that windows is on?

The reason why I am asking is because I had a similar setup on my laptop but instead of an ssd I have an hdd and I deleted the partition that ubuntu was on and expanded the other partition that had windows on it. When I restarted my computer it gave me an error saying that it couldn't find the grub menu, so I had to go into the bio and reorganize the boot priority. But for some reason the ubuntu boot menu was still showing in the bios even though I had cleared that partition. Anyone know why or how I should remove ubuntu properly from my desktop?

The bootloader was from Linux on your last one. If you use the bootloader from Linux you'll have the same problem. I'm not sure of the details for your case, but Windows should have an option to restore the bootloader...after which you can delete the Linux partition.

The first thing to get rid of is GRUB boot loader. You can search for Microsoft way of doing it, or download EasyBCD and let it do it for you. After you're sure boot menu is Windows, just delete Ubuntu partition(s).

shadybk

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2015

thanks, got it