[SOLVED] How to properly setup a NAS?

Nov 12, 2019
We have a new NAS at home and I would like to get the most of it. Currently, I have simply plugged it into our router, however, it is only running on around 1KB/s upload and download. Is there a way to improve it? Our internet is good, though, normally we have around 300 Mbits/s with cable. Would buying a switch help? Or are there any other/better options? Thank you.

Solution
The Synology's interface that is used to operate with the files. When I first started it, it said that the speed should stay at 1Gbit/second. I could provide more insight when I get home, because I don't have the access to it right now. I have so far only tried to upload a picture to the NAS, which got uploaded immediately, and a folder with various files which got stuck while uploading and I cancelled it.
With your NAS and PC both connected to the router, you should be seeing gigabit performance between the two.
Possibly check or replace the ethernet cable going to the NAS box.
Sep 16, 2019
Maybe the following steps could help you:-
  1. Get network-attached storage.
  2. Install the hard drives.
  3. Manage storage spaces.
  4. Create a media structure.
  5. Configure NAS with your media center.

Nov 12, 2019
So far so good.

What is telling you "1KB/s upload and download " ?
What, specifically are you doing here?
The Synology's interface that is used to operate with the files. When I first started it, it said that the speed should stay at 1Gbit/second. I could provide more insight when I get home, because I don't have the access to it right now. I have so far only tried to upload a picture to the NAS, which got uploaded immediately, and a folder with various files which got stuck while uploading and I cancelled it.

USAFRet

Titan
With your NAS and PC both connected to the router, you should be seeing gigabit performance between the two.
Possibly check or replace the ethernet cable going to the NAS box.

Solution