[SOLVED] How to purchase Windows 10 Pro N license?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 9, 2020
I just set up a new custom computer. I installed Windows 10 Pro N. I need to activate the license, how do I purchase it? I am in the USA, and I cannot find Windows 10 Pro N in the windows store. I read somewhere that the license has to be "N".

Apr 9, 2020
I installed N because I didn't want the media software, I wanted to make the computer as light as possible. Maybe it was a mistake, but it's what I have on there now.

I thought I could purchase the "N" because it's software, and I thought I could purchase something like that online without any trouble. But if it is a serious issue, I can figure something else out.

I have a contractor in my office working on that new computer, so I can't get to the computer until off-hours, and I really don't want to have to wait until tonight and re-install the OS. Besides, he has installed some software that he needs to use, and setting everything up with a new OS is time I don't want to waste. If there really is no other option I will be forced to do that, but I really don't have any spare time right now.

USAFRet

Titan
I installed N because I didn't want the media software, I wanted to make the computer as light as possible. Maybe it was a mistake, but it's what I have on there now.

I thought I could purchase the "N" because it's software, and I thought I could purchase something like that online without any trouble. But if it is a serious issue, I can figure something else out.

I have a contractor in my office working on that new computer, so I can't get to the computer until off-hours, and I really don't want to have to wait until tonight and re-install the OS. Besides, he has installed some software that he needs to use, and setting everything up with a new OS is time I don't want to waste. If there really is no other option I will be forced to do that, but I really don't have any spare time right now.
Well, there's not a lot of options.

Buy a valid Win 10 Pro license and install that.
or
Buy a valid N license from a MS european site.

Apr 9, 2020
Well, there's not a lot of options.

Buy a valid Win 10 Pro license and install that.
or
Buy a valid N license from a MS european site.

I agree, although I couldn't find a proper MS european site to purchase from, I did some searches, but a lot of things show up. Can you post a link?

And, keep in mind that "N" is not sold or supported in the US, you're entirely on your own there. If this is in a business environment then you need to bite the bullet and install a supported version, no matter how much of a hassle you may consider it. You would have spent less time had you installed a proper version in the first place.

USAFRet

Titan
I agree, although I couldn't find a proper MS european site to purchase from, I did some searches, but a lot of things show up. Can you post a link?
From a USA IP address, MS just refers you back to MS USA.
No luck there.

Business system, bite the bullet and do a wipe and reinstall with a known valid Win 10 Pro license. Just have to suck it up with whatever software your contractor has already installed.
One day to do it right.

Apr 9, 2020
Ok, thanks. If you have a good link for steps on how to wipe and re-install with Win 10 Pro, please share. I'll be doing this for the first time. I used USB for the Pro N, so I would probably do the same.

USAFRet

Titan
Ok, thanks. If you have a good link for steps on how to wipe and re-install with Win 10 Pro, please share. I'll be doing this for the first time. I used USB for the Pro N, so I would probably do the same.
Specifically, this:

Section II, Step 6 & 7 speak to deleting ALL the existing partitions and continuing with a blank drive.

Reactions: tt107
Status
Not open for further replies.