Question How to purposely have the "Generic Non PnP Monitor" on the display settings again?

Dec 1, 2020
Okay so, my little cousin was playing near the outlet that has the monitor's plug on it, when he accidentally touched the plug with his knee my monitor turned off, which is something normal for me because the outlet that my monitor is plugged into is sensitive but in order to have my monitor turn back on, I have to unplug and plug it back, when it turned on, I noticed my screen resolution went down from 1366x768 to 800x600 and then i checked the windows display settings and it said "Generic Non PnP Monitor" which I know what it means but what i need to know is how to purposely make it happen again. after regularly turning off my pc and then turning it back on, it showed me my monitor's brand which is LG instead of Generic non pnp monitor... I tried everything from disabling and unistalling my monitor's driver in device manager to replaying the same scenario that my little cousin had done but windows still recognized my monitor.

You may be wondering why I want to have it again, Well, Its because it can help me play videogames way smoother for some reason, Here's an example: My monitor's max Refresh Rate is 76hz and there's a specific game that i play most or in other words "main game", This game has an FPS Limit of 145fps and my monitor being a 60hz (76hz with Nvidia control panel) makes me only get 101fps limit whereas the game has 145 lim. Okay now when the Generic Non PNP Monitor happened, my fps got automatically uncapped and went all the way up to 144. also other games ran alot smoother and with higher frame rates than they used to have. So i would really appreciate any advice on how to make it happen again.

Monitor: LG 19M38A 19" inches.
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT 740 2GB.
VGA Cable.
Monitor has a 3 prong plug in a 3 holes outlet in an extension.

Okay so, my little cousin was playing near the outlet that has the monitor's plug on it, when he accidentally touched the plug with his knee my monitor turned off, which is something normal for me because the outlet that my monitor is plugged into is sensitive but in order to have my monitor turn back on, I have to unplug and plug it back, when it turned on, I noticed my screen resolution went down from 1366x768 to 800x600 and then i checked the windows display settings and it said "Generic Non PnP Monitor" which I know what it means but what i need to know is how to purposely make it happen again. after regularly turning off my pc and then turning it back on, it showed me my monitor's brand which is LG instead of Generic non pnp monitor... I tried everything from disabling and unistalling my monitor's driver in device manager to replaying the same scenario that my little cousin had done but windows still recognized my monitor.

You may be wondering why I want to have it again, Well, Its because it can help me play videogames way smoother for some reason, Here's an example: My monitor's max Refresh Rate is 76hz and there's a specific game that i play most or in other words "main game", This game has an FPS Limit of 145fps and my monitor being a 60hz (76hz with Nvidia control panel) makes me only get 101fps limit whereas the game has 145 lim. Okay now when the Generic Non PNP Monitor happened, my fps got automatically uncapped and went all the way up to 144. also other games ran alot smoother and with higher frame rates than they used to have. So i would really appreciate any advice on how to make it happen again.

Monitor: LG 19M38A 19" inches.
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT 740 2GB.
VGA Cable.
Monitor has a 3 prong plug in a 3 holes outlet in an extension.
Just disable Vsync/fps caps

Dec 1, 2020
Just disable Vsync/fps caps
Vsync was always disabled both in game and in the 3D settings on the nvida control panel, the game caps my fps based on my monitor's refresh rate which is 60hz or 76hz and i get 101fps lim for that whereas the game has an fps lim of 145fps. So for some reason, getting the "Generic Non PnP Monitor" makes my monitor have more than 60/76hz which leads to higher and uncapped fps on the game.

So "Generic Non PnP Monitor"= Higher/Uncapped framrates (for the game's fps limit) and Higher Refresh Rate, knowing that I can manually do that (prolly not) gives me hope to get the highest fps possible on my favourite game.