How to put windows 8 back on my computer i upgraded to win 8.1 but the

simplykristi

Reputable
Oct 21, 2014
My computer came with win 7 I paid online to MS for win 8 then they had the update I did the update now my csr job needs me to have only win 8 or win 7 they say their programs are not working with 8.1, I need to go back to just 8 and get the 8.1 off my computer. How do I do this as I don't want to try and find the cd that I ordered years ago with this computer b/c I mean I did pay for the win 8 but I dotn remember getting a key as I just did it online when it first came out! So pretty much how do I just go back to 8. I tried the roll back but it is not there.

Solution
That's so strange that the Intel HD 4600 driver isn't working. You used the automated Intel Driver Update Utility? Just doesn't make sense since every LCD monitor now is HD. I just used it right now myself and it shows 8.1 Drivers available; I doubt it would be offered it they didn't work.

Image: http://i.imgur.com/iX9Lr9G.jpg

DennisGonier

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014

DennisGonier

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014
win 8.1 creates havoc with display drivers because Intel graphics drivers are not ready -- error code 43 I just spent days on this problem and it is ridiculous that something as basic as video/graphics drivers are out of step

USAFRet

Titan

Of all the systems I've upgraded from 8 to 8.1, or installed 8.1 directly, I've not had any issue with graphics drivers.

DennisGonier

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014

DennisGonier

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014
Well I would really like to have USAFret's help because I just spent an extraordinary amount of time trying to fix this. Experts I brought to help me tried dozens of approaches; they concluded (as did I) that my desire to have an HD Monitor which needing Intel HD Graphics 4600 Driver was not supportable with Win 8.1. If there is something you know that I and others on Intel, MS Forums don't, I am eager to hear -- REALLY eager to hear.

DennisGonier

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014
Thanks very much for being engaged USAFret. My laptop is HP Envy 15-J050US, loaded. Less than 1 year old, HDMI port but no VGA port. When purchased w Win 8.0 I got two identical LG HD Monitors; got everything connected (extended display) with no issues. All business; come back from trip, plug in the one monitor on HDMI, the other through USB; turn laptop on, close lid, rock on. Updated Friday to 8.1. Many problems, last one was getting monitors to work; plenty of online postings, including Intel saying there is a problem with their driver (Intel HD Graphics 4600; leads to "Error 43" and simply, utterly refuses to "see" the monitors when connected.

DennisGonier

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014
BTW, if USAFret is a Tech Expert for hire, please let me know on this forum. Not sure how this forum stuff works but I have watched 6 people try to fix this problem and now find myself working very differently than I planned.

USAFRet

Titan
No, I'm not really a 'tech expert for hire'. I have a full time job as a software developer, as well as refurbishing a couple of houses from the shell out.
(And you probably couldn't afford me)

We just do this stuff because we like to....:)

DennisGonier

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014

Thanks USAFret. I found a solution. Spoke to MS again tonight who confirmed the problem I described, which was that Win 8.1 in combination with Intel 3D Graphics Driver 4600 does NOT (yet) support /integrate HD Monitors such as my LG HD Dual monitor set-up. I learned tonight the solution is a NEWLY AVAILABLE Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter -- $60; one port HDMI, one port USB adapter/VGA). Wirelessly controls monitors; makes perfect sense why and how. Think Apple TV. This is how to solve the problem of HD Monitors (single or dual) that are not compatible with upgrades to Win 8.1. USAFret is probably correct that I could not afford him; when I sold my 1995 internet start-up company to America Online in 1999, then served as EVP through 2006, then left to go be a CEO again, I learned how valuable smart people -- like you -- are. It is not cost that matters -- it is value. Anyway, we have a solution and "thus endeth the lesson." I appreciate USAFret and this Forum!