Question How to re-get Automatic Repir in Windows 10

oudmaster

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2013
Hi,

my windows 10 got an issue of 0x00002a Blue Screen of Death (BSoD).

when I was booting it, the computer was taking me directly to Automatic Repair:

automatic-repair.jpg

but suddenly this behavour stopped, and now the computer boots until I reach BSOD,

How can I re-get Automatic Repair back, I need to implement some troubleshooting procedures.

I am using Dell G7 Laptop.

thanks,

Colif

Win 11 Master
Go to windows settings then to update and security and find the recovery setting on the side panel. Do advanced startup there.

he can't get into windows to do those steps :)

I would suggest downloading the Windows 10 media creation tool on another PC, and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB, and use that to get into same menus as Auto repair leads to

change boot order so USB is first, hdd second (or if motherboard has a priority booting method where you can boot off 1 device one time and then it goes back to defaults, use that)
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.

this leads you to the same menus you get after auto repair.

was it this error - https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-error-0xc000021a-in-windows-8-and-10/

a lot of the times I see srttrail.txt it ends in a clean install being the fix that works the best.

is there anything on laptop you want to save?
boot from installer
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

ishaankaushik

Honorable
BANNED
Sep 7, 2017
he can't get into windows to do those steps :)

I would suggest downloading the Windows 10 media creation tool on another PC, and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB, and use that to get into same menus as Auto repair leads to

change boot order so USB is first, hdd second (or if motherboard has a priority booting method where you can boot off 1 device one time and then it goes back to defaults, use that)
boot from installer

this leads you to the same menus you get after auto repair.

was it this error - https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-error-0xc000021a-in-windows-8-and-10/

a lot of the times I see srttrail.txt it ends in a clean install being the fix that works the best.

is there anything on laptop you want to save?
boot from installer
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd
Oh if that is the case he can force shut down computer using power button each time it boots. After 4-5 restarts it will automatically start automatic repair.

Last edited: