how to re install windows 8.1 from a back up created in d drive

karodehemant9

Reputable
Feb 6, 2016
i had formatted my laptops c drive now i want to re install windows 8.1 in c. But i dont have a reinstallation disk but i have my backup saved in d drive how to install windows with the help of backup files in the same hard disk.HELP!!!!

Solution
You can't. Without a disk image, actual installation media or a functional operating system, that backup is worthless. If you know the product key, and maybe even if you don't (Most Windows 8.1 systems will automatically activate if they were previously activated to your BIOS ID string with a digital entitlement.). You can download an installation ISO for either disk or usb from here to install from. If you do know the product key, that's helpful, if it's located on a sticker on your unit or elsewhere is recorded, but I'd try this first to see if perhaps it activates automatically which there's a good chance it will if it was a licensed copy that was previously activated...
You can't. Without a disk image, actual installation media or a functional operating system, that backup is worthless. If you know the product key, and maybe even if you don't (Most Windows 8.1 systems will automatically activate if they were previously activated to your BIOS ID string with a digital entitlement.). You can download an installation ISO for either disk or usb from here to install from. If you do know the product key, that's helpful, if it's located on a sticker on your unit or elsewhere is recorded, but I'd try this first to see if perhaps it activates automatically which there's a good chance it will if it was a licensed copy that was previously activated.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

Solution