Question How to Record Incoming, Outgoing Speech (Online Conference - Webinar)?

sadperson

Honorable
Mar 15, 2018
Hi,

I am wondering how could I, on Windows 10, record online business conference - audio based meeting? I would like to record BOTH voices: my own speech into the microphone (outgoing audio FROM my computer) and speech from other person or multiple other participants that is/are talking with me on online meeting (incoming audio TO my computer)? The desktop software I am asking for must be free of charge ( ! ) and must record unlimited length of meeting.

I reviewed over 20 different software programs, did my best to find solution on my own, even Windows integrated one, but every single software I checked seems to record my own speech only: so whatever I speak into the microphone. In the recorded file MUST be recorded also other speech(es) from other side(s).

Could anyone help please?

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
I also knew this had been discussed on one of the groups for which I am a moderator that focuses on Windows 10 for Screen Reader Users. Even though there's a heavy focus on accessibility for screen reader users, virtually any software discussed is equally usable by the sighted.

I started a fresh topic there after your question here, as I knew I'd get responses. Keep an eye on the topic: Recording Webinar Audio - Including one's own input from the microphone
to see what's suggested beyond the first suggestion that's already there. I expect additional input from others over the next several days.

sadperson

Honorable
Mar 15, 2018
Virtual Recorder seems to recognize BOTH incoming and outgoing voices but:

- it seems like it cannot be used for VOIP technology (programs like Zoiper, Xlite etc) because incoming voice is extremely quiet, almost impossible to be heard on recorded mp3 files, even if I have ''recording volume'' option set to maximum.

- i haven't had a chance to try it using programs like Skype, GoToMeeting, etc but if I test incoming sound from Youtube and put it together with my own speech (outgoing voice) then it works very well: both are recorded fine

- I need possibiltiy to prerecord the message for VoiceMail purpose. So I don't need to speak for every single VoiceMail but record the audio message once. Then: when requested to leave a VoiceMail message, I simply click the play button of prerecorded message and it is going to be identically ''delivered'' as I was speaking into the microphone. This needed feature doesn't seem to be possible with that Virtual Recorder software...