How to record television programs onto hard drive

CARRIE_12

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
I have bought a samsung HDD-DVD RECORDER but cannot record programmes as when it asks for source you cannot change it to the programme you want it just says pr1 or iv 1 do you know what i am doing wrong

Which Model?
Which Country?
What is the Input to the Recorder from?
.. I have 3 DVD-RW stand-alone recorders connected to cable input. 2 are tied to the co-ax, NOT to the cable box output and I can record standard TV stations. I can select station (ie channel 40 for Sci-fi) and set up when to record. The 3rd one is tied to the output of the cable box. This one will only record the channel that is coming from the box. To select a different channel you need a line from the PDR to the box to tell it to change the channel.
.. Without manual, do not know what pr1 and iv1 refer to. Tried downloading the manual for one from sansung and it would not let me, I probably need to register.

CARRIE_12

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011

Thank you for your reply
Samsung DVD-HR753 built in HDD
UK
I don't know a lot about technical things, I'm 76 they didn't have things like this in my time. I think the input is RF CABLE for tv.

First, I could not get the specific manual.
With the unit Unpluged and the Input co-ax connected and the output co-ax connected OR if both Personal Digital Recorder (PVR) and TV have HDMI connect HDMI cable between PVR and TV and set TV to use HDMI. Plug PVR - does it go thru an auto set-up and find all of your TV stations and does the clock get set?

Can you look in your manual and tell me what PV1 and IV1 stand for.

Can you then watch TV and change the station using the PVR

CARRIE_12

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011

AV1 and AV2 AV3 and PRO1 are for extra external connections which we don't have so when that comes up as SOURCE its not good because I just want to record for instance BBC1 BBC2 ITV ETC ETC But I don't know how to get to a box that lets me put a channel in to record from to HDD

howardp6

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2008
The Samsung DVD-HR753 does not have an internal tuner. There is a composite, DVI and HDMI inputs. You cannot record over the air signals. You would have to be connected to cable box or decoder through one of the available inputs.

CARRIE_12

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011

Thank you both for the information I will return it for another model. Many many thanks to both of you for saving me from the nuthouse. :bounce: