Question How to recover data from Asus Hypercard

Aug 17, 2022
I have an Asus Hypercard installed with Samsung 960 Pro Series - 2TB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD. It was formatted for RAID and became my C:Drive. It crashed and now I would like to
know if it is possible to recover the data?

Aug 17, 2022
Asus ROG Rampage VI Extreme.
The only drive was my Asus Hypercard.
Trying to the faster access speed for C: Drive
After receiving tech support from Asus the computer was no longer able to boot to Windows 10. When I tried to get higher level of
support I was told that because of the age of the motherboard that wouldn't be possible. And I don't believe they have paid tech support.
When I looked at the BIOS I couldn't find Windows Boot Manager. It was no longer an option.

USAFRet

Titan
Asus ROG Rampage VI Extreme.
The only drive was my Asus Hypercard.
Trying to the faster access speed for C: Drive
After receiving tech support from Asus the computer was no longer able to boot to Windows 10. When I tried to get higher level of
support I was told that because of the age of the motherboard that wouldn't be possible. And I don't believe they have paid tech support.
When I looked at the BIOS I couldn't find Windows Boot Manager. It was no longer an option.
A "RAID 1", even if properly configured with 2 or more storage devices, does not give you higher speeds.

The HyperCard is not a "drive".

"After receiving tech support from Asus the computer was no longer able to boot to Windows 10. "
What did the Asus tech support do?

Aug 17, 2022
I forgot to mention that since I wasn't able to boot to Windows due to the Hypercard and Windows Boot Manager showing up in the BIOS.
I installed a HDD and got the computer going. When I reinstalled the Hypercard into the computer, I was able to go to disk manager and see the
four individual NVMe m.2.

USAFRet

Titan
I forgot to mention that since I wasn't able to boot to Windows due to the Hypercard and Windows Boot Manager showing up in the BIOS.
I installed a HDD and got the computer going. When I reinstalled the Hypercard into the computer, I was able to go to disk manager and see the
four individual NVMe m.2.
Oh...so you have 4x of these drives?

This is what I meant by "more details".

Aug 17, 2022
Yes, I'm sorry. There are four SSDs attached to the Asus Hypercard. I understand that the Hypercard is not a drive. After setting up RAID in BIOS, I then installed my Windows 10 onto the Hypercard as my C: Drive.

USAFRet

Titan
Yes, I'm sorry. There are four SSDs attached to the Asus Hypercard. I understand that the Hypercard is not a drive. After setting up RAID in BIOS, I then installed my Windows 10 onto the Hypercard as my C: Drive.
So thats sort of the point of a RAID 1...if any of the drives were to die, the other(s) still have the data and are accessible.
Mirrored.

Unless the RAID controller dies.

Which seems to be the case here.
And why there should have been an actual real backup.

TRENDING THREADS