[SOLVED] How To recover files from a dead HDD?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cell Tennyson

Reputable
Sep 14, 2016
Hey everyone.

Recently my Seagate 1 TB desktop HDD completely stopped working. It wont show in BIOS and no question of appearing in Desktop. I am so disappointed.

Mainly because I had lots of important files, pictures and projects stored in it.

My question is what do I do to recover files from that hard disk?

img

Prominent
Dec 27, 2020
img_2010.jpg

This is my Desktop Hard Disk. I cant exactly tell which one of those numbers is the model name of it.

As I guessed, it's an ST1000DM003 which is one of the infamous Rosewood series drives. Which PCB is on your drive, A / B / C? Check Board IDs!

I'm not familiar in the U.S. (I'm living in Europe), but as my colleagues said, big companies like Datasavers, Gillware, etc. are highly overpriced and they living from only their names and their time spent in DR business. Many smaller but reliable DR company out there with moderated prices.

Last edited:

Cell Tennyson

Reputable
Sep 14, 2016
If you got the multimeter let me know and I 'll post the guide to measure the PCB. Again: it's not invasive in any way, not occurs damage to the board or the data.

I don't have multi meter yet and I haven't used it also so I have no knowledge of it. But if you can show me how to use those things, then I can get one.

img

Prominent
Dec 27, 2020
I don't have multi meter yet and I haven't used it also so I have no knowledge of it. But if you can show me how to use those things, then I can get one.

"But if you can show me how to use those things, then I can get one. "

Ofc sure, that's why I asked for the exact type of the multimeter. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.