How to recover files from unlocated in usb external drive

G

Hello,I m using Win Xp sp2 and my hdd is of 250 GB.Few days ago, I bought a Portable Usb External hard drive of 500 GB. I used this to save files like people use pen drive.I had saved almost 300 GB. But now when I plug in the usb drive(500)GB. it shows that i has 1.73 GB of memory.After that I have gone to Disk management option there I have found that ---Disk 1(basic) 465.76 GB(online)----N: 1.76 GB NTFS healthy(ACtive)----464.00 GB unllocated. Now what should i do? How can I get my old files which I have saved in this UsB hard drive?

dEAne

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
In order to recover you need another drive with the same or larger capacity. You can use TuneUp Utilities to check the drive. There are other third party utilities to fix MBR but be very extra careful in using this tool.

misheal

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
There are many reasons why files or data gets deleted from USB flash drives. It may be due to Malware / Spyware / Virus attack, accidently pressing shift + delete key, Human error, damaged file system, formatted or corrupted hard drive, emptied recycling bin or abrupt shutdown of the system and various types of system failure. In order to undelete files from usb drive, a recovery software is designed to restore and recover data from corrupted, formatted, deleted or crashed removable USB flash drives.You can easily download the free trial version also. :) :) :)