Question How to reduce/stop ghosting?

sodium.in.toilet

Commendable
Nov 21, 2018
I'm staying in a rental house for a while and I brought my pc with me so I can play video games and stuff at night, but the tv that's in the rental house has a horrible ghosting issue, or atleast that's what I think it is. Its 1080p, probably about 24-27 inches, but it has surprisingly good colors. Theres no settings menu that I could find, only has input, volume and power buttons. Is there anything I can change in nvidia control panel? I'm getting 60fps with v sync on but it has a really disorienting choppy grainy smear with any fast movement.

I'm really considering buying a gigabyte g32qc which is a VA panel, would I have to deal with this on that too?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Nothing can be done about ghosting from source. It's all to do with the display which doesn't sound like the TV isn't all that great for the purpose of being a PC monitor. Game mode might've made a difference if TV had the option though.

That GA monitor looks great and reviews are happy with it. It won't be anything like the TV. But
is your system specs capable of utilising it?

Reactions: sodium.in.toilet

sodium.in.toilet

Commendable
Nov 21, 2018
Nothing can be done about ghosting from source. It's all to do with the display which doesn't sound like the TV isn't all that great for the purpose of being a PC monitor. Game mode might've made a difference if TV had the option though.

That GA monitor looks great and reviews are happy with it. It won't be anything like the TV. But
is your system specs capable of utilising it?
I tried setting the refresh rate to 59hz and it kind of helped but it wouldnt let me do it in the game.

PC is not capable of 165hz 1440, but will be soon. I dont want to buy a lower end monitor since I plan on getting a 3000 card.

ASK THE COMMUNITY