How to reduce the temps while playing some games

Maq___

Honorable
Nov 15, 2015
Hi to all,

I have a Lenovo Y-700-15ISK gaming laptop, with these specs:i7-6700HQ CPU,16 GB DDR4 RAM and Nvidia GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 GPU.
Win 10 OS.

When I play NBA 2K17,no matter for how much time I play it,the CPU and GPU temps reach up to 58 degrees Celsius and nothing more!

But when I play GTA V ,or ArmA 3, the CPU reaches temps up to 84 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes of playing!
The GPU around 72 degrees Celsius.

I would like to know how to prevent the reaching of that high temps which my CPU reaches while playing GTA V or ArmA 3?

I am also using a cooling pad!

I am really concerned about my CPU's life-span!

So please help me!
Thanks to all in advance!
Best regards!

KyleADunn

Honorable

Your CPU's max temp is 100c. It will start to downclock to prevent reaching this point, but it's very common for this CPU to reach into the 90s in laptops. Unless a CPU is being overclocked with a ton of voltage being added, you typically don't have to worry about your CPU's lifespan. It's usually the last man standing in terms of parts. You'll see your mobo, gpu, hdd, etc, all go before a heavily used CPU.

In short, 84c is fine for a laptop CPU that has a max temp of 100c. Maybe buy a stronger cooler pad, but don't worry too much.