I would like to change weapons and fire immediately in Q3A DM.
Used some scripts but is not working. Ideally I would like to get
somewhere a good script for weapon changing and kill those delays.

Help...

TIA...

sittingduck

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2003

Fakovsky wrote:

> I would like to change weapons and fire immediately in Q3A DM.
> Used some scripts but is not working. Ideally I would like to get
> somewhere a good script for weapon changing and kill those delays.
>
> Help...

Each weapon has a specific reload time. You cannot make them go any faster.
The best you can do is bind all your weapons to specific keys or buttons so
you can switch very quickly.

"sittingduck" <spam.to.sitting-duck@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message
> Fakovsky wrote:
>
>> I would like to change weapons and fire immediately in Q3A DM.
>> Used some scripts but is not working. Ideally I would like to get
>> somewhere a good script for weapon changing and kill those delays.
>>
>> Help...
>
> Each weapon has a specific reload time. You cannot make them go any
> faster.
> The best you can do is bind all your weapons to specific keys or buttons
> so
> you can switch very quickly.

You may already know this but certain mods allow faster reload times for
certain weapons. Like Instaunlagged has a stock reload time for the rail gun
of 900. Not really sure 900 what. It can be set to 500 for example for a
rail gun that reloads and is ready to fire almost immediately. I've never
tried but I think it could be set to 100 and be ready to fire instantly.

I realize that your question is in regards to Q3A DM so if I just wasted
your time and everyone else's on usenet, well, it's not the first time. I
admit sometimes I like to post just to see my name in lights.

sittingduck

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2003

OscartheGrouch wrote:

> You may already know this but certain mods allow faster reload times for
> certain weapons. Like Instaunlagged has a stock reload time for the rail
> gun of 900. Not really sure 900 what. It can be set to 500 for example
> for a rail gun that reloads and is ready to fire almost immediately.
> I've never tried but I think it could be set to 100 and be ready to fire
> instantly.

It's milliseconds. :)

http://ucguides.savagehelp.com/Quake3/items_weapon.html

sittingduck wrote:
> OscartheGrouch wrote:
>

>>You may already know this but certain mods allow faster reload times for
>>certain weapons. Like Instaunlagged has a stock reload time for the rail
>>gun of 900. Not really sure 900 what. It can be set to 500 for example
>>for a rail gun that reloads and is ready to fire almost immediately.
>>I've never tried but I think it could be set to 100 and be ready to fire
>>instantly.
>

> It's milliseconds. :)
>
> http://ucguides.savagehelp.com/Quake3/items_weapon.html

So of I see players in standard, not pro mode Quake changing weapons and
firing, that's cheating?

;)

sittingduck

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2003

Fakovsky wrote:

> So of I see players in standard, not pro mode Quake changing weapons and
> firing, that's cheating?
>
> ;)

YEAH!
That's how those bastards manage to beat me every time! They are cheating! :)