How to reflash B350 TOMAHAWK without Ryzen R7?

Qonderr

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017
My MSI B350 TOMAHAWK doesn't work with Ryzen R5 1600. I found on the Internet a similar problem and its solution was to reflash bios. How can I do it? I know that there are bios programmers, but I have never used them. What bios programmer should I use and how to reflash my motherbord?

Solution
You can't update the BIOS without the PC working unless you replace the BIOS chip.
Their site says the board supports the 1600 with the first BaiOS version never trust their bad support.

Qonderr

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017

I asked about this problem MSI Support and they say that it is my problem.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Okay. If their website is wrong, they need to correct it.
Here is the list of BIOS updates for that board: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B350-TOMAHAWK.html#support_download
Grab the latest one and update your board. You don't need a special program to do that. It can be done either in the BIOS setup (MFlash) or from inside the Win environment (Live Update6 program on your disk). Scroll down to the bottom of the above page I just linked to and you will find another link. A "how to" link for updating the BIOS.

Qonderr

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017

I can't enter the bios and that's why I can't update it. There is black screen (no signal) on the monitor.

vygag_

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
That's strange, I got B350 tomahawk and R5 1600 too, and it started out of box. Didn't need to search for other CPU to start PC.

Does PC spins fans when you power it up? Any debug lights on? Do you have GPU connected?(connecting monitor to MB won't work). If you have GPU try different cable.

This really hard to question on forum not in live chat as there are hundreds of possible problems and it will take weeks to figure it out as it takes long to get response. Try finding live techie chat in discord or what ever you prefer using, and asking there.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
This really hard to question on forum not in live chat as there are hundreds of possible problems and it will take weeks to figure it out as it takes long to get response. Try finding live techie chat in discord or what ever you prefer using, and asking there.
Really?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

WAIT...
What are you using for a gfx card? Ryzen Summit Ridge CPUs have no iGPU. Just the Bristol Ridge APUs come with iGPUs.