How to register illegal corp. edition of win xp

grassapa

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
THIS IS A REPOST, I HAVE SEEN MANY PPL ASK FOR IT SO HERE IT IS

YOU NEED TO DO THIS IF YOU WANT SP1 FOR WIN XP

the following information is for reading entertainment, enjoyment and educational purposes only. I do not encourage it. Anything you do is under your resposibility

If you are using Windows XP Corp Edition with Key (FCKGW-RHQQ2-**) follow these instructions:

LOOK FOR AND Download xpkey.exe from any website you can find or kazaa or PM me and ill send it to you

run the xpkey.exe key generator and choose win xp corp.
set keys to find as 1
set searches to 999
DO NOT USE ANY CDKEY THAT YOU FIND POSTED ON A WEBSITE, THE BEST IT TO FIND YOUR OWN RANDOMLY GENERATED VALID KEY USING THE PROGRAM. THE WHOLE POINT BEHIND THIS IS TO CHANGE YOUR OLD HEAVILY USED CDKEY FOR A UNIQUE VALID KEY.

let it run until it finds a valid key

1. Run a system resore to create a new checkpoint in case you need it.

2. Run regedit and go to: HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Current Version\WPAEvents, on the right double click on "oobetimer" and change(or delete) at least one digit of this value to deactivate windows.

3. Choose run from start menu and type in this command:
%systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a to get the activation screen and go to the second option which is activate by phone.

4. In the new screen choose the option to change product key, and type in the new product key (the one you created in xpkey.exe).

5. If it brings you back to the prior screen after entering the new key click remind me later and then reboot.

6. Close that window, reboot your system and enter the command in step 3 for the second time to verify your activation , you should see "windows is already activated".

7. Now you can hopefully install sp1

8. If you have done this wrong or without a valid key you will not be able to boot. hit F8 and select last known good configuration.

--------------------------------------------------
My computer is so fast it proves the theory of relativity wrong... :eek:

silverpig

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I find it funny that stuff like this can be posted here... :p

Some day I'll be rich and famous for inventing a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Strife

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Some people install the corp edition even though their pc came with a 100% legal copy of Windows XP Pro as a means of bypassing the activation. So just because someone is interested in how to do this doesn't automatically imply that they are a software pirate.

Still it may be disrespectfull to post these instructions here as this is not a warez discussion forum, and having such posts might cause THG to get some nasty cease and desist letters.

Before the DMCA discussion of how to circumvent security featues was legal. Now free speach is a crime in America.

You've got nerve posting this here, saying you don't condone it, and saying to PM you for the key, making THG a party to your crimes, I hope you reap the rewards of what you're sowing here, you're definitely part of the problem, and the reason software companys have to charge so much to make up their losses.

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b>

stable

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2001
I hope you have a licensed copy of XP Professional on YOUR PC. That knock at your door is the BSA, FBI and Microsoft lawyers.

Stable Technologies
'The way IT should be!'

namek0

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
I'm not trying to start something or anything, but I see nothing wrong with using a little warez here and there

I figure the money they charge schools and business for licenses, they can afford to have a small percentage of people using illegal versions. This is especially true if you're a college student, with no $$$

It's all good ^_^

Rubberbband

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2001
Why don't you come over to my house to do some yardwork for free. Hell you might as well do my neighbors yard too.

C'mon man, we all know it happens but programmers need their paychecks too.

The aim of military training is not just to prepare men for battle, but to make them long for it. <A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=327&s" target="_new"><b>MY SYSTEM</b></A>

smitbret

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2002
Yep, I am one of the people running XP Corporate that owns a legal uninstalled version of XP Pro. Just like they said, I don't want to fight the activation process. I don't agree with the way Microsoft sticks their prying eyes into my computer so I just use the workaround. It's too big a pain in the ass every time I reinstall my OS to have to call them because I have activated it 'too many' times, already.
-Brett

dhlucke

Polypheme
Same here. I own a legal version but don't hash my pc.

<font color=red>GOD</font color=red> <font color=blue>BLESS</font color=blue> <font color=red>AMERICA</font color=red>

This is especially true if you're a college student, with no $$$

Well why didn't you say so, I didn't realize you were a college student, stealing software is perfectly legal for college students Right?

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b>

stable

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2001
RE: This is especially true if you're a college student, with no $$$

This seems to go hand in hand with a quote from the movie Airplane.

"Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit sniffing glue!"

Steph Benoit

Stable Technologies
'The way IT should be!'

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
This is especially true if you're a college student, with no $$$
FYI, Microsoft does sell WinXP for half price to students. That shouldn't be your excuse!

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

dhlucke

Polypheme
The student edition went from $20 to $80 recently, but that's still cheap.

<font color=red>GOD</font color=red> <font color=blue>BLESS</font color=blue> <font color=red>AMERICA</font color=red>

GhostKat

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2002
While I don't run win xp, I did get facinated by the thread. I read on a site of a way to set a copy of XP to require different "Keys" then you can burn it to cd and install and it will require the different key. So if I get a legit retail copy of XP, copy it to the hard drive, modify it so it just requires a different type of key and then burn it to a cd and use it to install. Is it illegal to do this? For this debate lets just say it was changed to need a corp key, since that is what the thread is about, and you got a corp key to use for the installation.

If this starts getting into the DMCA, then I ask this question, does a change like this actually circumvent anything in the DMCA (circumventing encryption technology) when I just modified the requirements of said technology and in turn it provided a different experience with the product?

-----------------------
The site I found this information on is <A HREF="http://www.tech-hints.com" target="_new">http://www.tech-hints.com</A> It shows how to make an all-in-one bootable CD of similar Windows version like all 2000 adv, svr,& pro or both versions of XP pro and home on one CD. The information on this site has been there for some time and it makes me think that it's legal but I'm wondering if it's considered illegal for a home user to be using a key that would not be the one that came with thier legal version to begin with.

GK

Yes, I made it past newbie w00t.

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
tomshardware should have like a section called UnderGround or something like that so we CAN post and discuss stuff like this.

RIG
Asus A7N8X Deluxe
80gb Maxtor
Lian-Li PC-60
Lite-On 52X
AMD XP2800+
LeadTek GeForce 4 Ti4200 w/vivo 128mb 8x
Hitachi CML174
1 GB Corsair XMS PC3200 Cas2

KWPLunchbox

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2003
I have a legally purchased copy as well but did the same corporate install since I am completely against the activation. I changed the key when service pack 1 came out with a key that was not blacklisted. I keep everything updated. Well, today during an update check, Windows Update tells me that I have an invalid CD-Key.
"Cannot Validate the Product Key" so I'm guessing one of the last updates I installed had that hidden in it. Anyone else have this problem?

<font color=purple>AMD XP 2200+, A7N8X Deluxe, 512mb PC3200 Corsair XMS DDR, Geforce3 Ti-500, Audigy Platinum, TDK 48x CDRW, Lite-On 16x DVD, XP Pro SP1, and more neon than a ghetto sled </font color=purple>

Microsoft knows about the corporate software, I wouldn't doubt some of their updates are looking to disable certain identifiable codes, and the illegal copies out there, you said you have a legal copy, with the illegal corporate version installed, to get away from the reactivation feature, the reactivation feature is no big deal, I've done it myself, takes about 5 to 10 minutes depending on how much phone traffic Microsoft is experiencing, in the near future you'll be running into even more problems, so if you have a legally purchased copy why not install it, and do it the right way to avoid future problems. As a matter of fact you have to do some serious, multiple hardware changes, to even have to reactivate it in the first place, just changing a soundcard or video card isn't going to require it.

namek0

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
I actually didn't know about the 1/2 price student discount.

Before I say anything else, I want to say again how I do not want to start any piracy wars or anything. I'm the nicest guy you would ever want to meet, so please don't think I'm trying to be a rebel or smart ass or anything.

I've got friends receiving $1800+ financial aid checks per semester, while I'm recieving 400 and below. Maybe if my family would cheat on taxes (just joking btw) or do all of their business in cash I could recieve the massive checks like most of my friends do.

I'm paying my own way through college working at a Hardee's (fast food place) and have been working their since I was 15.

When the next Windows os comes out, I will break down and buy it. Mainly because it's a pain to mess with a pirated xp now, I can't imagine how much of a pain it would be in the future.

I've got family members who are programmers. I do not want to see their companies lose money due to piracy, but it's bound to happen. If I could stop it with a wave of a magic wand, I'd be the first to do it. I'm tired of inflated prices do to it as much as the next guy.

If you think about it (I know this is a hell of a stretch) piracy could help a company in the long run. If you had a choice of paying 350 for some software, or d/l a pirated copy to try it out which would you do. 95% of the pirated software I get, I end up buying a full legal version. Take Battlefield 1942 for example. It's a royal pain to play online with a pirated copy, so just buy the legal version. It'll just take a few hours of work to get enough cash.

It's all good ^_^

KWPLunchbox

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2003
4ryan6:
It was a bug on the MS Update website. It works fine now.

I do not, and never will register my software. It is nobody's business what I choose to run. I did not purchase TurboTax this year because of the activation requirement. It is a matter of principles and privacy. I CHOOSE to forfeit any technical support (which is non existent for almost all companies anyways) or other additional "rights" by not registering. In a forum like this, I CHOOSE to reveal what I am running to facilitate an open discussion.

When Microshaft finally implements Palladium, or whatever they call it this week, I will not puchase it. Hopefully, the wonderful community that we are a part of will find a way around it. I think that it may be the catalyst the world needs to motivate the genius Linux programmers to fully emulate a Windows environment.

<font color=purple>AMD XP 2200+, A7N8X Deluxe, 512mb PC3200 Corsair XMS DDR, Geforce3 Ti-500, Audigy Platinum, TDK 48x CDRW, Lite-On 16x DVD, XP Pro SP1, and more neon than a ghetto sled </font color=purple>

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
I bought a "student/academic" copy of XP Pro - was $99.
Microsoft told me the academic EULA only allows me to use it while I'm a student (of course I'll always be a student). Office XP Pro costs $200 - but same thing plus you can't install it one a second (laptop) machine - something the retail version allows (2 installations).

But Officer, I wasn't speeding - I was qualifying ...

namek0

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
Thanks for the info, and I'll always be a student too :p

If I ever run into that situation, I'll just put 98 or 2000 on a laptop, or a pirated xp (j/k)

It's all good ^_^

aliu42

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2003
Umm..

My brother went to the University of Texas. Microsoft sold all their products to their students for $25 each. I mean all their products (Visual Studio, Office, XP Home, XP Pro, 2000)

At my school SWT, we can check out these programs from the library and get valid keys for free. Only problem is if you need the disk at a later date you have to check one out again, but hey it's free.

Activation is not that big a pain in the ass, and with a little research you can turn off all the services that do phone home to MS periodically.

But the truth is, I can't fault Microsoft for trying to protect their product.

Let's look at it this way. What if everyone decided hey, I'm only one person, surely these companies are making enough money they won't miss my revenue.

Well eventually what would happen is all the great game companies and such would go broke and we all would be stuck out in the cold.

IMHO this is not the forum for this kind of crap. I have 2 PC's up and running both with registered legal copies of XP Pro. Hell I even have a registered copy of XP home that I'm not using.

The point is this. There will come a day, when you can't even boot your OS without an active internet connection or having to connect to the internet periodically. Otherwise your OS will not run. MS is pushing toward this mark my words. (.net framework)

And it's all because of posts like this.

I'm not saying your not a nice guy and I know what it's like to be a broke college student.

However, college students do get breaks from MS if you look in the right places.

Aliu

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
-Albert Einstein
3DMark2001<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6317063" target="_new">http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6317063</A>

dhlucke

Polypheme
Msft raised the university prices. It's now the same $20 (It was $20, not $25, at my university before), plus an additional $60 for the license. $80 total.