Question How to reinstall Samsung Magician properly?

Ishit Arya

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2014
While I was in the process of updating Samsung Magician I messed up and selected GDPR (Are you residence of GDPR country) which I'm definitely not and would like to completely uninstall and reinstall this software.

I'm afraid that if I just reinstall via setup wizard or uninstall through control panel and then reinstall there'll be left over files which might lead to this app not working properly.

I even checked Samsung Magician services in Task Manager and it seems like it doesn't contain any running services.

I hope the uninstaller of Samsung Magician is actually decent and doesn't leave any junk or unnecessary files behind. so is it safe to just uninstall and reinstall this application or do I need to go through extra steps to do a clean uninstall?

I do not know why GDPR should be relevant.
Regardless, I see no reason to not uninstall and re install.

Perhaps, you do not even want Magician installed at all.
What would it be used for?
I am not certain that I like the supposed performance "tweaks" that it offers.

Colif

Win 11 Master
one thing i would do is restart windows inbetween uninstalling it and putting it back on again. That would remove any residuals that might be left in memory

I haven't had any bad experiences uninstalling it in the past.

what tweaks does it offer? I have it and all I see are benchmarks and perhaps increasing the Over prosioning amounts. It used to have power plans that would change how windows ran, but those have been gone for ages now.

Ishit Arya

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2014
I do not know why GDPR should be relevant.
Regardless, I see no reason to not uninstall and re install.

Perhaps, you do not even want Magician installed at all.
What would it be used for?
I am not certain that I like the supposed performance "tweaks" that it offers.

I installed it to keep my 970 Pro NVME firmware updated and sadly it's too late, I already reinstalled it via setup wizard since I saw the only thing that runs in the background is Samsung Magician .exe itself and I didn't see any services related to this application running in Task Manager either.

While I was running the wizard and selected "override the current install" it closed Samsung Magician .exe which was running in background, I don't know what other changes it did in order to reinstall Samsung Magician and so i panic and didn't went any further, I then closed the setup wizard and checked if it did any changes or not but couldn't seem to find anything and so i ran the wizard again and went with the reinstallation.

I hope I don't have to reinstall windows because of my mistake.

Ishit Arya

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2014
one thing i would do is restart windows inbetween uninstalling it and putting it back on again. That would remove any residuals that might be left in memory

I haven't had any bad experiences uninstalling it in the past.

what tweaks does it offer? I have it and all I see are benchmarks and perhaps increasing the Over prosioning amounts. It used to have power plans that would change how windows ran, but those have been gone for ages now.

The only reason I have it installed is to update firmware. While I was reinstalling I didn't restarted my PC at all and I even closed the setup right after it ended Samsung Magician which was running in the background.

I hope I didn't messed up anything in the process