How to Reinstall Windows 7 on a locked bootloader?

Gerard_7

Commendable
May 18, 2016
I and my college mates received brand new HP Pavilion g4 notebooks as part of an initiative by a local political party group to garner support from our age demographic.
These laptops however came pre-installed with Windows 7 professional and a linux distro called BOSS on GNU GRUB.
I have included pictures of all the screens involved in the process.
Here is the boot sequence:
Power button> Political party Logo > GNU GRUB bootloader asking me to choose either Windows 7 or Linux> Windows
I've tried hitting the esc key on boot up. Pics included.
zFbYT

http://imgur.com/a/zFbYT
Its been 2 years since and the performance has become very sluggish and I would like to reinstall windows. However, the exact process to achieve this in this particular situation eludes me.
This laptop doesn't have a DVD drive, just USB ports.
How can i install a fresh windows 7 and also get rid of the linux os as Ive never used it?
Thanks in advance!

Solution
If you have the license key (usually on the underside of the laptop or in the battery compartment) then you can use that to re-activate Windows. Just make sure that the edition is exactly the same as what's currently installed.

Gerard_7

Commendable
May 18, 2016
Thanks for your response bicycle_repair_man. My priority is to reinstall windows first. Ill try to find this recovery partition and will update this thread of my efforts.

Update:
Ive tried tapping the F11 key on boot, it gives a series of warning beeps and then proceeds to GNU GRUB loader, ignoring the key presses. The other function key brings up the BIOS menu.

Kitanul

Reputable
Nov 7, 2015
If you have access to another computer, you can make a bootable usb to install Windows 7, just find a windows 7 iso and use something like https://rufus.akeo.ie/
Plug the usb, boot on it, format everything, and install

Gerard_7

Commendable
May 18, 2016
Thankyou for your input, Kitanul. I can download and make a bootable iso of Windows 7 Professional 64 bit( the OS it presently runs on), but how must I proceed upon serial key validation?