Question How to reinstall windows without deleting everything?

delviii

Prominent
Feb 11, 2019
I just got a new m.2 970 evo with 250gb. I am still going to use my 2.5" ssd and my 2tb hard drive but im going to boot from the m.2 (obviously). Ive read that doing a fresh install of windows is better than just moving everything over, so how would i do that without deleting everything on all my other drives?

bignastyid

Titan
Safest way would be to disconnect the other drives when you install the OS onto the 970. Then after the install reconnect them. You may want to check the bios afterwards and make sure it's still set to boot to the 970 rather than the old boot drive.

Safest way would be to disconnect the other drives when you install the OS onto the 970. Then after the install reconnect them. You may want to check the bios afterwards and make sure it's still set to boot to the 970 rather than the old boot drive.

^ this. Disconnect the drives, connect the m.2, install. This also provides an additional benefit of the new Windows install getting solely on the M.2 and not having install system files winding up on the other drives too.