Question how to rejuvenate / improve (with not too much budget) a bad laptop. What to do on the hardware side (in addition to changing the SSD and RAM) and on

Grealish01

Great
BANNED
Jan 22, 2022
hello, I have an old laptop, I have linked the photos of the model down in the discussion to it, it has 4 GB of RAM, and for a while it cannot even run on the Windows home, it has problems in everything, to open a single card Google, to open apps like Word even using an app with all the others closed, crashes constantly and is very slow. Do you have any advanced technical advice for me? I had changed the hard disk by putting a sata SSD, since nothing has changed now I will want to change the RAM from 4gb to an 8gb bank, I also think of installing something light Linux more suitable particularly for dual core CPUs, like that of the PC, then i would also like to overclock the cpu. What advice could you give me? (keep in mind that I mean a bit of computers and PC gaming)

USAFRet

Titan
i don't know why but i can't send photos from my phone, however the model is an Asus R540S. Intel dual core N3060 CPU, 4GB RAM
It is slow, because it is a slow CPU and not much RAM.
It will never ever be a gaming system. At all.

You can't OC that.
And you likely can't change the RAM.

I have a somewhat similar laptop, Asus Transformer.
It is what it is...small and slow.

Either live with WIndows as it is, or put Linux on it.
What do you plan to use this for?

Grealish01

Great
BANNED
Jan 22, 2022
[
It is slow, because it is a slow CPU and not much RAM.
It will never ever be a gaming system. At all.

You can't OC that.
And you likely can't change the RAM.

I have a somewhat similar laptop, Asus Transformer.
It is what it is...small and slow.

Either live with WIndows as it is, or put Linux on it.
What do you plan to use this for?
obviously not gaming, I will make a secondary use of it, only to open Google, file archive, Word, Gmail whatsapp and nothing more