[SOLVED] How to release reserved RAM from 2400g integrated Vega GPU?

ketrab

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2008
I've got a unit (HP Pavilion Gaming) that came with dedicated GPU. Upon checking resource I see that 2GB is "reserved" for the Vega which will never be used.
I'm not familiar with HP BIOS so I thought I'll ask in the AMD community on proper disabling the Vega to have RAM released.
Only option in bios under PCI Graphic Configuration gives two options that are NOT clear to me. See below. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

k9w9schopt261.jpg

Solution
You probably should update the systems specs since what you show in your sig wouldn't have a Vega to begin with.

if the Vega is built into the PCU then it's probably under Display Adapter properties (drop this to minimums) and then restart and enter the bios again going to Advanced> Video>shared memory setting (or similar path) and reduce this to minimums also.

popatim

Titan
You probably should update the systems specs since what you show in your sig wouldn't have a Vega to begin with.

if the Vega is built into the PCU then it's probably under Display Adapter properties (drop this to minimums) and then restart and enter the bios again going to Advanced> Video>shared memory setting (or similar path) and reduce this to minimums also.

Solution