How to remove 79.00FE error message?

Status
Not open for further replies.

When I print some PDFs on my HP 4050 or 8000 printer, including some
PDFs that I created using Adobe Distiller 5.0 using the default "Print"
job option (Acrobat 4.0(PDF 1.3) Compatibility), I have the 79.00 FE
PRINTER ERROR. My systems support person says that this Compatibility
thing is eqivalent to PostScript Level.
And our HP 8000 and HP 4050 laser printers do not support PostScript 3;
they support only PostScript 2. Because I create the PDFs using 4.0
Compatibility (same as PostScript Level 4?), I am not going to be able
to print them on these printers. However, they can be printed on HP
4100, which supports PostScript 3 (even though not
Compatbility/PostScript 4). Now my Distiller 5.0 (presumably any
higher version too) does not support anything lower than Compatibility
3.0 - it cannot create a PDF of Compatibility 2.1 for example. Now, is
Adobe so stupid that it removes this PostScript 2 support from
Distiller such that the PDFs it creates cannot be printed on certain
printers? Any cure? Any comment?
I read http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/reference/errorcodes/hp but it
does not really help.

Solution
Here is the solution from HP: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?locale=en_US&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=25475&prodTypeId=18972&objectID=bpl07940

SOLUTION:
Isolate the printer by turning the printer off and removing any accessories, such as memory or font DIMMs, cables, envelope feeder, and EIO devices like the HP Jetdirect card or hard disk.

Perform a cold reset by doing the following:

Turn the printer off.
Remove all communication cables so that only the power cable is connected.
Remove the Jetdirect card, if installed.
Remove any other accessories, such as the envelope feeder.
Hold down the green "GO" button.
Turn the printer on.
When the words "Cold Reset" appear in the...

This is supposed to be a "follow-up" to a couple of posts under this
subject last March. And there is another post titled "Strange 79.00FE
errors" complaining about printing PDFs like me but nobody responded.

For the record, it appears that there is a bug with Adobe Reader 7.0
(for WinXP) from where I tried to print certain PDFs. I am able to
print from Abode Reader 5.1 (on Win2K).

bryndog

This is a formatter error. I got that when I tried to print a Google page of links. To clear it, you shut the printer and then do a cold reset. Hold down the GO key and turn the power on. Hold the key until cold reset appears in the wintdow. This restores the factory settings.

rlsowels

Honorable

THANK YOU, BRYNDOG!! We girls, here at the office, were stuck and no technician would get back to us. We appreciate the post. We are up and running now. :D Robin

mishnas

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
Here is the solution from HP: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?locale=en_US&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=25475&prodTypeId=18972&objectID=bpl07940

SOLUTION:
Isolate the printer by turning the printer off and removing any accessories, such as memory or font DIMMs, cables, envelope feeder, and EIO devices like the HP Jetdirect card or hard disk.

Perform a cold reset by doing the following:

Turn the printer off.
Remove all communication cables so that only the power cable is connected.
Remove the Jetdirect card, if installed.
Remove any other accessories, such as the envelope feeder.
Hold down the green "GO" button.
Turn the printer on.
When the words "Cold Reset" appear in the display, release the green "GO" button.
When "Offline" appears in the display, press the green "GO" button. "Ready" should appear in the display.
NOTE: If the words "Cold Reset" do not appear in the display, hold the "GO" button down until you hear the motors rotate. The words "Restoring Factory Settings" will appear in the display if the "Cold Reset" was performed successfully.
Turn the printer off once the printer displays the “Ready" message.
Reinstall each of the above-mentioned components, one at a time, turning the printer on and off again each time a component is installed.
Continue installing and power-cycling until all accessories are installed and the printer is at a “Ready" state.
If it is determined that one of the components is responsible for the 79.00FE error, refer to next.
If the printer will not return to a “Ready" state after removing all of the components and performing the cold reset, try a different power source by moving the printer to a different location and plugging the power cord directly into the wall.
If the printer continues to display the 79.00FE error, upgrade the firmware. A firmware DIMM can be obtained from the HP Parts Store at http://www.hp.com/buy/parts . Version 6.36 Firmware DIMM is Part Number C4251-67905; however, part numbers are subject to change without notice.
If the printer still continues to display the error, contact HP for further assistance.

Solution